Thursday, July 10, 2014

Did you miss me?

Howdy from Texas.  Hope all you Canadians had a great July 1.... Canadian Day.  Our big July 4th holiday was uneventful.  Chloe and Morgan were here all day, then we got with Angie and Eric and we all went and watched the Fireworks.  We usually go to Breckenridge Park and watch the City of Richardson's fireworks display, but this year, we just parked between Richardson and Garland (not far from Sheila's house) and watched both cities display of fireworks from the car.  All 6 of us sort of enjoyed not fighting the traffic or crowds, but then again, it was just not the same.  I suspect next year we'll go the park route.  Here is a video... short but sweet.

Saturday was our real party.  Sheila and Mark invited all 6 of us over for dinner and swimming.  They also offered to host to the grand kids friends, but it was a vacation week for their buddies.  But as Morgan said, who needs friends.... it's really more fun to be with Papa.  That should tell you all something about the way he treats them.  We had just a little too much food.  I took watermelon-feta-basil pizza.  (Big deal, you slice the watermelon into pizza shapes, sprinkle with fresh basil and feta and voila!  A pretty tasty snack.  Angie took a ton of stuff, and Gary (yup, his version of cooking) took cream cheese-marshmallow cream dip (just a splash of vanilla) with dark fresh cherries, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, bananas, peaches, nectarines, and fresh apples.  Sheila made everything else.... chicken, dogs, burgers, potato salad, salad, and I can't remember what else.


We did enjoy the pool.  More so than years past.  The reason?  It was on the warm side, but not overly hot.  It was just perfect pool weather.  It did get a little nippy after the sun set.  Big deal, we just got out and went in and played poker pool.  Well, Angie, Eric and Chloe went home before we started that.  Morgan really likes the game.  I won one game, and I think Sheila won all the rest.  I even tried cheating and couldn't win again.  Hey, whatever it takes. Here are some pictures from the day.


 Teens and texting.... will it ever end?


 Of course, Gary and Morgan had to play washer toss.


 Some people proved that they don't pee in the pool.


 Just bobbing....

 Water fights..... sistely love







We always have fun with the Coles.

Sunday we all recuperated from the big party.  Monday, I woke up on a mission, deciding I was sick of waiting on Gary to get anything done around the house.  Instead of bitching at him, believe it or not, I just started stripping wall paper off my master bathroom.  He felt really bad, and decided to help.  Then Angie and the grand kids found out what we were doing and they also joined in on the fun.  What?  I mean if I'd begged and bitched, they wouldn't have helped for anything.  Yet..... guess they thought I was having fun.  Well, they came and we got most of it done.

Tuesday evening, I took Chloe out to Casa Millagro as a thank you for helping again on Tuesday.  She and I got all the paper removed from the den, and 1/2 of the kitchen while Gary worked on the upper walls of the bathroom.  I do all I can without risking my life by twisting sideways on a ladder.  I only work facing the wall head on, so I am no help in the corners.  Chloe needed the pick me up, cause she was depressed.  She actually had 13 inches of hair cut off. I think she looks soooo much better with it shorter.  


It took until Wednesday afternoon to get it all removed... but between the 5 of us and 2 steamers (God Bless Shark Steamers), we got it done.    Well, all the bathroom and den, but there is still some in the kitchen.  I meet with the granite man tomorrow, and I will not do any more removal until after he installs the granite.  I did all the removal in the area where he'll be working, but didn't want the entire house a complete disaster for another month or so.  I do have vacation with the grand kids and Angie coming up.

Wednesday, Sheila, Mark, Gary and I went to eat dinner at Good Friends Beergarden.  It was unusual.  They offer about 60 different types of beer.  I can't remember what I drank, but they did NOT have Corona.  She brought me one that she suggested I use lemon instead of lime, and it was good, but really.... I'm just a plain old beer type of gal.  We all sort of shared our meals.  I bought fried dill pickles, then Gary and I shared a chicken sandwich and burger.  It was a bit pricey.... our bill for 6 beers, 2 sandwiches, one order of pickles, and one order of waffle fries was $60 ish.  Oh well, it was an experience.  

At some time yesterday, Sheila went to the dentist and had a temporary filling put in.  The only reason I know that, is that we played golf with the FWGA and I saw her and she mentioned that she broke her temporary filling by eating an apple, so she was going to the dentist.  I played golf like crap.  The damned grass was so high, if you weren't in the fairway, then you were screwed.... cause the rough was almost one foot high.  Just awful.  Of course, we all complained.  Sheila lost 6 balls today, and I lost one.  It also took way too long to play, because it took forever for us to find our balls.  Came home and took a nap, and then Chloe and Morgan decided to spend the night again.  Gary and I both enjoy them being here.

They're going to love it when I wake them up around 9 am and tell them they have to clean up their messes.  Of course, if Gary hears me tell them that, then he'll do it all for them.  Hey, whatever it takes.  That's about it.  Just thought I'd surprise everyone by posting again.

Now I feel better....
Have a nice one.





No comments: