Angela actually blogged again. It was from her limo Xmas light outing with her gal-gang. She found where one of the girls in her group posted her pix with her friend Connie D. in a house they were in. It was George and Laura Bush's first house here, and they insisted they get their pix taken in front of Laura's oven. It is just like the one that Gary replaced in Angie's house. Of course, they both doubted that Laura ever used it. I wonder what it would be like to have a live-in housekeeper / chef on a 24X7 basis. Guess it would be like being a man and having a wife..... it would have it's ups and downs.
We girls had our movie night Tuesday, and saw Blind Side. We all rated the movie as a two thumbs up movie, and it was also way at the top as far as entertaining and a feel good movie. Sometimes it’s difficult to get both in one movie. I was prohibited from picking movies for a while after I selected Running with Scissors as a must see. Was only on probation a little while, then selected another bad movie. They don’t even ask me to select the movie any more….. they just tell me what we’re seeing. It’s okay though, cause they’ve picked really good ones. Next Tuesday, we’re going to try and see Avatar in 3D with the guys.

After the movie, we all went to Houlihan’s. The food was okay for me, but everyone else loved it. I had baked potato soup (thick, and just like eating a baked potato in a bowl, and a Barbecue chicken flat bread pizza. I only had one slice, and it was good, but I was afraid it would make me sick….too rich. Here are some of the other dishes the girls got.
Here is the french onion soup and egg rolls (or something close), and of course wine.

Baked potato soup and and a Margarita.

Baked potato soup and and a Margarita.
Margarita and chicken tortilla soup and spring rolls (?) on the right. On the left, french onion soup, beer and poppers.

Here is Houlihan's version of poutine, which is a Canadian dish. Not quite the same as the Canadian version, as this one had meat on it. I was NOT impressed with it. It was good, but not at all what I thought it would be like. Maybe the meat ruined it for me. Margie liked it, none the less.

Here is Houlihan's version of poutine, which is a Canadian dish. Not quite the same as the Canadian version, as this one had meat on it. I was NOT impressed with it. It was good, but not at all what I thought it would be like. Maybe the meat ruined it for me. Margie liked it, none the less.

I worked on taking down the rest of Xmas, and got everything put in the garage for Gary to put in the attic, except the tree. It’s in the den, and sitting right next to the 14 boxes of lights I bought at Target on sale. I decided to restring the lights as the others had been in place for about 15 years, and the wires started getting “touchy”. I may move it to the garage until after the party tomorrow night.
Yesterday, Sue, Sheila, Joyce and I got together to play Mah Jong. After playing all afternoon, I had won five cents (yeah, another big day). Sheila won something, and Joyce was the big winner. What was weird, she kept playing the same hand and winning. Guess I should have paid more attention to how she was drawing the tiles. Sue lost all of her money, then left. She did have a smile on her face, so I guess she had fun.
That’s about it for now. I’ll take tons of pixs at the party.
Later…..


No comments:
Post a Comment