Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are You Still There ?????

I have been suffering from depression, I guess. Just can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I dreaded writing thank you cards, but finally got that done. I sent a lot of electronic cards. I do pay for them, but it was easier. There were some friends of Dad's that wrote letters, and so I had to write letters back to them. THOSE were tough. I think I'm down to only having to pay one more credit card statement, then it will all be finished, except for closing out his trust fund. I'll tell you what..... being his durable power of attorney and the executor of his estate were not all they were cracked up to be. Worked with Janice yesterday. She's in Houston with a car I gave her, and the repairs she paid to have done, were not done completely. We've used McCullom's Auto Center for the last 20 some odd years. How they have changed. They did approx. $1500 worth of work on the brakes, motor mounts, and new tires. On the way to Houston, we noticed a very bad vibration when we applied the brakes. It happened only at high speed. She had it in the shop yesterday, and found that the rotors needed to be replaced. Her mechanic suggested she contact McCulloms and make them do the repairs, which was really out of the question. I went in and spoke with them. Long story short, they said we didn't ask them to do the rotors. Well, if I didn't know all the parts in a brake, how could they have fixed them? They finally got on the phone with the shop in Houston, and supplied them a credit card number for the LABOR only to fix the rotors. Had they fixed them when they had the wheels off, it would have only been maybe $65 more. Now, it cost over $300, because the wheels had to be pulled. What a fiasco. I would NOT recommend McCullom's to anyone, unless they was to do half assed jobs in order to sell a car to an unsuspecting buyer. What a shame. I am up early today, cause Sheila and I are going to play golf this morning in Canton, at Twin Lakes. This is the first time since surgery that I've played golf. I do NOT expect anything fantastic, just needing to get started. After that, we're headed for Shreveport, LA, where Sheila is comping my hotel stay. All I have to pay for is my own gambling. I think it should have been reversed, she pay for the gambling and I pay for the room, but those Canadians, they can get set in their ways. Should be home by tomorrow evening. Hopefully, we'll both win thousands of dollars. I mean, we are each taking probably $300. Hubby has been acting so odd ever since Dad passed. He's on a throw crap away binge. He started on the garage, got that 1/2 done, then started on "his" junk room. Got that half done, then he moved on the storage. We have about three of them, so I'm not sure if he's done 1/2 of each one of them or not. Lord, he could have got a 4th one, and started moving crap in there. Let's see, he did clean the kitchen last night. It is spotless. All is not lost. That's about it. Hopefully, you all have had a better start to the new year than I have. But, it's all down hill from here. Later......

No comments: