Gosh, where does the time go? Seems like only yesterday I posted about the DIFF, and here it is one week later. Let's see if I can recap my exciting (yeah, right) life. Let's see, on Friday, I worked out at the gym with Billy. He's a cutie, but only 5'4" tall, and only 23 years old. But, he does try and work my arse off.
Saturday, the neighborhood had their annual Easter Egg hunt. I did manage to scramble around and buy Morgan an Easter Egg Pail so she could stash her goodies as she picked up. They also had a bounce house.


Here's a pix of Morgan (age 8) and Gary (hubby age 63)
Sunday, I worked on my closet. Started throwing things away, and also started purging things of Dads. I also went to Walmart and purchased a new Gazebo for the deck, with mosquito netting around it.
Monday, the maids came, and they hauled off all the items I selected for throw/give away. I did make a run to the senior assistance center in Plano, and donated all Dad's hospice stuff that was unopened. Gary and I actually assembled the gazebo without a fight. (All I can figure out is he's having an affair and is being nice to me so I won't suspect him of cheating) After school let out, both girls came over and asked if they could invite friends over to our house to play. Of course, we said yes.
We were on the deck, when Stella started raising hell. She had found a snake, and trapped it. It was coiled up and ready to strike. My here (Gary) came over and killed it for us. Chloe's friend is in the picture below, holding up the corpse, minus head and 2 inched of it's neck. She is 5'4'' tall, so the snake is about a 5 footer. After the kill, Stella tried to eat the snake, Annie (Angie's wiener dog) peed all over the area where the snake was killed, and Coco (Angie's stupid poodle) ate the leaves that had blood on them. It was weird, to say the least.

Kelly and the corpse
I did manage to get my car cleaned early Tuesday morning. A buzzard, or a flying cow crapped all over my clean car. Off to the car wash for a second time.

Angie and the kids came over for fajitas in the new gazebo The girls had a ball.
Wednesday, Sheila, Gary T and I played with the AT&T golf league. Are you sitting down? Sheila had a bad day. Bad for her, but good for me.... I won a few dollars off of her. I won't go into detail, but I did play the important nine holes very well. I'm hoping I also won some league money for low net and maybe low team score.
Yesterday, I went to the knee surgeon. Same old story, I'm doing excellent, I am expecting too much too soon, and I don't need to come back for 6 months. Well, that's only his opinion. It still swells and is hot to the touch, and hurts terribly at night. His answer? Well, if I could take anti-inflammatory drugs, that'd all go away. I can't though, cause I've had 2 heart attacks. Nuff said.
I went to the golf course at 1 to meet Gerry, Sheila and Margie for lunch. Sheila didn't even show up for golf..... are you REALLY sitting down? She went to purchase (that's what we regular people would call shopping) some items for her trip to Scotland. She must be really behind to do that. She and Mark and the Dunsmores are going to Louisiana for the weekend for a music festival. That doesn't really leave her much time for packing and all next week. Guess she likes to live on the edge. Gerry had a doctor appointment, so it ended up just being Margie and me. But that's okay, we had a gab fest without them.
Yesterday afternoon, Angie, Chloe, Morgan and I went shopping for them new clothes for the opera we're going to see tonight. Morgan decided while Chloe was trying on dresses, that she also wanted a dress. If you know Morgan, you'll think I'm lying (Morgan is my own little Sheila), but she got one. She also wanted high heels. Angie actually let her get the heels, though I don't know why..... she can't walk in them. Oh well.... I'm just saying.....

Mom had no trouble telling Chloe NO on this dress. I'll post pictures tomorrow of what the gals actually bought. I'll just say this..... I spent $250 on the two gals. Oh well.......
After shopping, Morgan and Angie were dropped off at Morg's school for an open house. Chloe and I headed for El Fenix, naturally. Where else would Chloe want to go? Here's Chloe with her new faux glasses. This was her mother's idea. Why? I have no idea.
After everyone got settled back at their own houses, I again went to 24 Hour Fitness and worked out with Billy, my own personal physical therapist. After our workouts, which last 2 hours, I ALWAYS sneak off to Sonic and partake of the forbidden Lemon Slush. Sometimes, I even have a Lime Slush. As I was there, the *%&# hit the fan, and the bad weather came. The hail came before the rain. I re parked my car under the canopy, so that the front and sides of my car were protected from the hail. I called Gary and told him where I was so he wouldn't worry. I guess I stayed there for about 30 minutes before it had eased up enough for me to drive home.

The deck was covered with hailstones when I got home. The gazebo I bought said to always disassemble it if there was high winds. Yeah right, it took 4 people one whole day to assemble it. Luck was with us. I checked it when I got home, and all was well. At about 1am this morning, I awoke (so did the dog) to the funniest sound coming from the patio. I went out, and discovered that there was still a ton of hail stones on the roof of the house, the gutter was stopped up, and it was sliding onto the gazebo. I had to wake Gary up to help me. It was making the top of the gazebo sag, due to the weight. We finally got it dumped from the gazebo, and finished sleeping. Today or tomorrow, we're going to move the gazebo further away from the roof, and also trim the tree above it.
That's it for now. Gary just had me sign our IRS Income Tax Form. I'm going to get busy deciding what I'll wear this evening. Tomorrow, I'm going to post a ton of pictures. Later, and enjoy your week.
No comments:
Post a Comment