Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

I am not announcing to anyone, but I have really missed blogging.  I've been doing facebook, it's really quick and easy.  However, I was talking to Angie a couple of days ago, and it's just not the same.  I have decided it really is good therapy to blog.  I also have a terrible memory, so I can go back and look at where I was or what I did on a particular date.  Welcome back Connie.  YEAHHHHH... you go girl!

This Christmas, the grand daughters and I got together and made cookies.  I mean LOTS of cookies.  Here are a few pictures from our cookie fest.
Morgan in the apron I made her for the cookie fest.  She is really getting to be a beautiful girl.

Chloe doing some glazing

 Messy, but fun.

Variety is the spice of life.

 Now for the serious decorating.
Angie found this on Pinterest, the new internet sensation.  It's call warm weather, as in Texas, snowmen cookies.  See.... the theory is that it's so warm, they melt.  The head is made out of 1/2 a marshmallow, the glaze frosting does the rest of the effects.  These were the most fun to make.




This is my new Christmas tree.  My other one was about 20 years old, so we decided to replace it.  This one is NOT a Barcana, like the last one, but it is pre-lit, and should be the last one we ever have to buy.  I have ornaments from every year, dated, since Gary and I got married.  I now have them for most events in my life.  It's always fun to look at each special ornament as I decorate and un-decorate the tree. 




 Chloe and Angie made most of the cookies above, and Angie did the ones below.

This year, Angie hosted the Gibbons family for Christmas Eve.  They may not see each other during the year, but they ALWAYS get together for Christmas Eve.  Gary only has one brother, Loyd, and one sister, Sandra.  All of their children were there, and all of their grand children.  All that were missing was one spouse (sickness) and a couple of step kids that are older.  It was the first time there was a family picture taken.  Thank you Angie for that idea.

Chloe made us pajama bottoms for Christmas this year.  Lots of the Gibbons family wore PJ's to the party.  Here is our picture in the PJ's that Chloe made.  What you cannot tell is that The men's PJ's fit pretty well, but NONE of us girls could cover our butt.  She made them without a pattern and somehow, she got them too short around the middle.  None of us could bend over, or tuck our shirts in  We all wore VERY long tops. 

Back Row - left to right   Angie, Eric, Mark (Sandra's boy friend), Me, Gary, Loyd (Gary's brother)
Middle Row - left to right  Glen (Sandra's son), Sandra, Lori (Sandra's daughter), Glen's grandson Tyler, Chris (Lori's husband), Melissa (Gary's daughter from his first marriage), Sierra (Loyd's daughter), Susan (Loyd's wife)
Front Row - left to right  Shana (Glen's daughter), Chris (Lori's son) Brittany (mother of Tyler and Glen's daughter), Jake (Tyler's Dad and Brittany's boyfriend), Katy (Glen's daughter), Chloe and Morgan

This year, everyone only bought for the children (still in school), then since we were doing a family picture,  we did a picture frame exchange.  Everyone that wanted to participate brought a frame.  They were numbered, then everyone drew a number.  If you got your own frame, so what.  There was no take away, stealing, etc.  It worked out well, and believe it or not, no one got their own frame.  Angie did have me open one gift while everyone was there.  Guess what it is?


 Give Up?  I'll zoom in and see if that helps you figure it out.

It's a boob job...... scarf.  You buy them on line, and you can select the color of the nipples, skin, size, etc.  You can even get one for your dog.  Angie decided to really add some bling, and she got me a nipple piercing.  She did pass up the tattoo.

We came home after the Christmas Eve party, and I stayed up until 2 am cooking my "make ahead and save the stress breakfast casseroles".  The girls called and woke us up about 8:30, and it started.  We took all of our gifts over to Angie's.  It was a hoot, as always.  I got Chloe a laptop, which was probably her favorite gift.  My large (this includes being from Gary also) gift for Morgan was a Skylander game, which so far, is her favorite.  The came came with three Skylander figures, but she keeps buying additional figures. 

Here are some of our Christmas highlights.  My house decorations







 Croissant Cheese Coffee Cake, Fresh Fruit with Anglais Sauce
 Praline French Toast
 Bread-less Egg Casserole (bacon, mushroom, cheeses, green peppers & bacon)

 Champagne Cocktails
 Eric and his new bike
Chloe and Angie also got new bikes
 My sister's gift..... really, it's Papa that can't say no....
 Skylanders....... the game.... I mean investment
 New Dell laptop for Chloe

 Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
 Shirt with a built in guitar & amp..... who knew?
All the critters had a ball!  That's Annie at the back, holding a wrapped doggie treat in her mouth.
That's cause she's eaten so many she's about to be sick!
This is the weirdest gift.... from Morgan's Aunt Melissa (Gary's daughter).  It's funny!

Chloe has been cat sitting Psycho..... I mean Paisley for Sheila.  That's been fun, but today was our last trip over.  They should be home tomorrow some time.  That's it.  It was a fun, stress free Christmas for us.  Of course, I did miss Dad being here.  Always will miss my Christmas' with my Mom, cause we did that for Angie's entire life.  However, it does get easier every year.  Angie got me the cutest ornament in membrance of Dad.... A shell with a pearl, and the inscription is about keeping the memories forever.  She had previously gotten other remembrance ornaments for me.....  a cross for my step-mom Jean, and a garden fountain for my mom.  Gosh, my life is represented by the ornaments on my tree...... all dated and so meaningful to me, and my grand kids.  I do find Chloe sneaking one off my tree and stealing it to put on their tree.  It's a swam from her Barbie.  It was broken, so I fixed it and turned it into an ornament cause that was the year she was sooooo into Barbie.  Well, she can't stand it cause I have one and she doesn't, so she likes to sneak it to her house.  Course, I like to sneak it back.  It's a great fun game between the two of us.

Today is the first day in over a week that I've felt half way decent.  Two trips to the doctor, and numberous pills and RX's later, I can almost breathe normally.  Nothing like being sick for Christmas.  I am really lucky though, cause I never get sick like this..... broken bones, etc., but not flu type stuff.  Well, things change, I guess.  I was supposed to start taking Humira on the 28th, but I will probably have to reschedule, cause it's an immune suppresant, and it might not be compatilbe with my steroids, and anti-biotics.  I'll call tomorrow and find out.

If I contine to be good about blogging, then I'll let everyone know I'm doing it again..  I don't know why I missed it.  Sort of a way of dealing with my everyday issues, I guess.  Oh well, if no one ever reads it again, at least I will have written it.... for me!

No comments: