Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 !!!!!

Wow, where did last year go?  Better yet, where will this year go?  I know where last night went! 
Sue & Clay, Mark & Sheila, and Joyce came over to spend New Years Eve. We had a murder mystery party. Everyone was give a character to portray, and I must say..... they all tried. We solved the murder... Gary, I mean Papa Vito did it! I got that right, cause the only clue I remembered was that he let Clay, I mean Darian something or other, pass himself off as someone he was not. We had thievery, Mark, visions of grandeur, Joyce, suspected homosexuality, Clay (this was my opinion only, and it was because he wore an earring), adultery, Sue, and greed, Sheila. What a fun evening. Here are some pictures of the group.



SUE

JOYCE

SHEILA

THE TERRIBLE TRIO

WHAT A CUTE COUPLE
NOTE GARY'S MOUSTACHE

CLAY  (SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT THE EARRING?)

MARK WON THE DOOR PRIZE FOR BEST CHARACTER
THE BOTTLE WAS A BOTTLE POIZIN WINE

AFTER A FEW BEERS AND GLASSES OF WINE, GARY'S MOUSTACHE
BECAME A BIG UNI-BROW

THERE WAS PLENTY TO DRINK

SHEILA WRINGING SUE'S NECK,
AND BAD BOY CLAY DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT

I am finally feeling better, I've had the "crud" that is going around.  It's extreme congestion of the bronchial system, and the sinus area.  The anti-biotics probably helped, but my ears still are not completely unblocked.  Everyone I know has had it.  Sue wasn't feeling 100% last night, so they pooped out and left around 10:30.  The die hards played cards.  We called Chloe and invited her to come play cards with us as well, cause she loves to play Pass The Ace.  Especially if Carlos and Mark are involved.  Morgan is that ways also, but she opted to stay home and play UNO with her Mom and Dad. 

I did a lot of cooking for last night.  Here's what we had to eat...
Texas Caviar by Sue
Zucchini Fritters
Tomato Basil Soup
Fried Olives
Asparagus-Red Onion Salad
Lasagna by Sheila
Garlic Bread Sticks by Marie Callendar
Red Velvet Cheesecake by Cheese Cake Factory
Sausage Casserole
Sour Dough Coffee Cake

That was all well and good, til everyone left.  I looked at my poor kitchen and couldn't stand it.,  I ended up staying up til 3am washing the dishes and cleaning the stove.  I hate fried food!  Between the Olives and the Fritters, it was a mess.

Anyway, nothing like ringing in the new year with old friends.  What a lovely time.  The only thing missing was Carlos and Sue, and Margie and Ralph.  That's it for now.  Gary is walking the dog, and I'm thinking about going back to bed, since I only got 3 hours of sleep.

PS - My new years resolution is to enjoy my life.  Ha!  That should be easy to do.  Seriously, my resolution is to get rid of some clutter around my house, and to do some more updating to it.

No comments: