Friday, January 20, 2012

GOLF ANYONE?

Saturday, Sheila and I played as a team in a scramble.  There were 96 players, and three of them were women.  This was Sheila's first golf game since her surgery.  She didn't play her A game, but she didn't have any pain during, or after the game.  Well, there was pain in our score.  We shot an 81, which was enough to keep us from finishing DAL.  Our net score was 84.  Since we are NOT scratch golfers, it's obvious we didn't get enough strokes to compete with the scratch golfers.  Most of them finished 6 under, gross.  Oh well, we always expect that with the FGA.  I'm not whining, just stating a fact.

Sunday, I finally got my rear in gear and got my furniture back where it belongs (after Christmas).  Gary helped me a tab, but spent a lot of time at Angie's today.  To celebrate (that means I refused to cook) getting it done, we went to Red Lobster.  The food was okay, service awful, but honestly, nothing to write home about.  Just so-so food.  Gary enjoyed his beer.  They serve Shiner Bock in a patent pending special beer glass they created.  It's supposed to keep it colder longer, and the shape lets it aerate when you drink it.  He was impressed.... I had tea.

The house keepers come on Mondays, and they did their thing.  Then Monday afternoon, Chloe came over with one of her girl friends from school.  The worked on a video, ate like pigs, drank like they were dehydrated, and Morgan came over to hunt rocks.  Nothing happened Tuesday.

Wednesday, Sheila, Joyce and I met at the golf course for lunch and Mah Jong.  Sue was supposed to joins us, but she made an unplanned visit to Michigan to go house hunting.  The three of us played anyway, and for a change, Sheila did NOT win every hand.  To be honest, it was fairly even.  We all took turns winning. 

Joyce and I always take our cameras, but we tend to forget to take pictures.  This is us cleaning up after playing all afternoon.
Thursday, I went to the course to play with the FWGA.  They tell us to arrive at 9:30, and I got there about 9:00 so I could hit golf balls.  They didn't get a shot-gun start, and there were 30 of us.  My tee time ended up being 10:56.  I canceled, and went to practice, then planned to go home.  The greens keeper manager saw me, and came over to talk.  He wanted me to play a the Traditions, which is 9 holes they just redid.  He said it was closed, but I should tell them he told me to play it.  I played 9 holes, in record time, then went to the pro shop to pay.  Nope..... on the house.  I   If only love free golf.  It's too bad I played terrible.

Today, I was supposed to play with my ex-best friend Gary T., but he decided to play tomorrow with the guys instead.  Jerk.  Nuff time spent worrying about that.  Gary (hubby) and I hung around the house today.  I did manage to file a complaint with the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau against Sears.  The main problem I have.... I was told by the sales person I could try their $6100 mattress for 120 days, if unhappy, I could return it.  I hated the first one, went to get my money back, and they asked me to try a softer version of the same mattress.  I did and didn't like it.  They attempted to exchange it, but corporate blocked any further changes after the first one.  The store manager attempted it and couldn't do it either.  Corporate was no help either.  They told me they are not responsible for the sales associate telling me something incorrect.  Can you believe it?  I'm sure nothing will come of it, but I am contemplating suing them.  What's a thousand more dollars to talk to an attorney?  Maybe small claims court?  I'm going to keep giving them hell. 

Morgan is spending the night tonight.  She and Gary just got back from seeing Tintin in 3D.  She wanted to save money, so she snuck her popcorn and candy into the show.  I do not know where that girl comes up with stuff.  We have never done that with them.

Tomorrow evening, Joyce, Sheila and Mark are supposed to come over for dinner.  I made some cabbage rolls today.  I'll reheat them, and grill some steaks.  Later....

No comments: