Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

We gals got together at Sheila's for Mah Jong and linner (that is Sheila's term for a late lunch-early dinner).  Sheila won almost every hand.  The only time she didn't win was when she was sitting out.  There were 5 of us, so everyone (almost) sat out periodically.  I won one hand, and it was a lucky hand to win, cause I got the pot that was carried over from two other games that no one won. 

After watching Sheila take every one's money, we had dinner.  I took Tomato Basil Soup, and Sheila made foo-foo cheese sandwiches.  I didn't care for the apple/onion/cheese.  It wasn't bad, just nothing I'd order.  However, the ham/red pepper/cheese was delicious.  That I'd order in a restaurant. 

After linner, we went to the movie.  It ended up just being Joyce, Sheila, and me.  We saw the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  That move had sex, violence, incest, murder, bad language, hot cars, hot guys, I 'll stop.   It had everything.  It also was rather dark.  I really liked the movie, but didn't care for the ending.  Hated it as a matter of fact.  I was telling this to Sheila and Joyce, and they informed me that it followed the book very well, but that the movie only covered the first book, and that's how it ended.  I'm just hoping they have a sequel to this movie.  I may have to actually read the book.  I have such trouble with my eyes, I don't know if I can do it or not.  I struggle just to read the newspaper.

Other than that, not much has been happening.  Tomorrow Joyce, Sheila and I are going to a painting class.  We're supposed to paint the grand canyon.  This should be fun, as Joyce and I prefer oils to acrylics.  Sheila's never used oils, but the way her luck has been lately, she'll out paint both of us.  After that, we're going to dinner and then the theater with the gals.  I did have my camera the other day, but Gerry got a new camera, and she was having us take pictures with it.  Then Joyce took a few.  I'll update my blog if I get any copies.  I'll blog about tomorrow's activities.

Later....

No comments: