Monday, January 30, 2012

My Little Life

I got up Thursday, and my nose and upper lip were swollen from having 5 veneers removed from my front teeth, and spending 5 hours in the dentist chair.  However, I put my terrible looks aside and met a friend, Dawn, at Ying Cafe for lunch.  I went straight home, and took some pain pills and slept most of the day.  Friday, I went and hit a few golf balls, then did nothing.  Saturday, came over in the afternoon.  She, Gary and I went to her band concert at Vines High School.  We didn't want to eat at their spaghetti dinner fund raiser, so we just gave them $20 and listened to her two songs and left.  We then headed for Cheddar's restaurant.  We waited 30 minutes for a table, then were told AFTER we were seated that their grill was not working, so no grilled food.  I was pissed,to say the least.  Chloe selected that because she wanted a steak.  We ordered drinks, and appetizers, and our non-grilled food items.  As luck would have it, we got our apps 1 minute before we got our food.  I did make my unhappiness known to the waiter.  We finished dinner, and he brought the check.  He asked how we enjoyed our meal.  I politely told him that I didn't appreciate not being told when I signed up for a table that there would be no grilled items, and also that I didn't like getting apps at basically the same time as the meal.  He apologized with an "I'm sorry about that".  Our bill was $42 dollars, and I only left him a $7 tip. Oh well......

Sunday, I did manage to hit golf balls again.  Every time I go, I get a little more consistent.  I hope to be in shape for the Polar Bear Golf Tournament with the AT&T group.  Other than that, my life has not been exciting.  Gary got me a couple of books from the library.  I'm plugging away at the first one, but can only read about 30 minutes at a whack before my eyes poop out.  Thank goodness I have an eye appointment tomorrow.  I also start my Humira injections tomorrow. 

Before I forget.... Sears finally worked on my Better Business Bureau complaint.  They agreed to take back the iComfort Serta sleep system, give me credit on my card, and to sell me a different set.  The set I selected is only about $2200, so I'll get about $4,000 credit back on my card.  They did give me a discount, so I'm getting a good deal.  I don't get it til Friday... but I am so happy!

The maids are at the house while I'm at McD's.  I showed them the Krud Kutter spray and how it works.  Last week they did all the cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap.  Today, they're starting all cabinets with the Krud Kutter.  They won't be able to do all of them, but she said they were going to do some every week.  I'm glad about that, though I didn't expect them to do it so willingly.  They are really nice, and do try and make me happy.  It's still not as good as I would do it.... if I could.

That's about it.  I hope to have something more interesting to share next time.  I'm finished eating my egg McMuffin, so I'm off to the course to hit a few balls.  Later........

No comments: