Joyce and Sheila went and painted the clay projects (bowls and goblets) that they made a couple of weeks ago. They had to wait until it was fired so they could put the final paint and glaze on them. I don't know what they look like, they've got to be fired again. They looked red in the pictures Joyce showed me, but they added some beads that "burst" with color when they're fired. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished products.
After dinner, we sat at the table and talked all evening. I am not sure what we talked about, but we covered quite a few bases.
Guess it was just too much excitement for them, cause they left shortly thereafter. Gary went to bed, but Stella and I stayed up and cleaned the kitchen. It only took about 30 minutes, so it wasn't that difficult.
Speaking of my Dad using mustard...... today is his birth date. Just this time last year he was happy as a lark. His memory was pretty much shot... thinking I was his sister one day, and his mother the next.... but he was as happy as one could hope for. Here is a cute video we made of the small family party we had for him.
Anyway, Dad was just like a little kid when it came to his birthday. As Janice so aptly said... He was in the Army and also the Marines, but basically, he was a Marine. He was a valiant fighter, but he could not beat Alzheimer's Dementia. I wish I could have been a better daughter to him while he lived with me, and that I had done more. If you've never lived with anyone that has that terrible disease, you probably won't understand that statement. I thank God I have such a wonderful husband. He was my father's best friend for the last four years of his life. I could not have done any of it without him. I do take comfort in knowing that this year he is with his beloved Granny Jean, my step-mother, his wife and best friend. He was so lonesome for her, having taken care of her in her final years, while she too was fightng Alzheimer's Dementia. He is finally at peace once again, beside his beloved Granny Jean.

No comments:
Post a Comment