Tuesday, June 3, 2014

KITCHEN WORK AND GOLF IN LOUISANA

My life is a mess.  I will start out by saying I am attempting to buy a new house.  Gary, being the stubborn guy that he is, insists that we move before we attempt to sell this house.  So.... I have decided to fix a few problems that we were going to address when we moved in.  I'll do the house fix up subject first.

Gary selected a new oven based on something I would want if I lived here.  No, he refused to get the cheaper one which would be the best buy when you're getting ready to sell, but NNNNNOOOOO.  That's not Gary's style.  It is honestly a fantastic stove.  It is a combo unit.  Microwave is on top, and the regular oven beneath it.  One unit, both types.  However, both are convection ovens.  Really great.  I love, LOVE the microwave.  It has a bigger turntable than my old one, so all my pizza pans and stones fit perfectly.  Looks great too, and it is stainless steel.  The installation?  Well, the damned thing weighs 250 lbs, so I couldn't help him lift it.  Gary researched the 220 wiring requirement.  I told him I thought the box stuck out too far, but NNNNNOOOOO.... it was perfect to specs per Gary's measuring.  Eric comes over, and it won't go in all the way.  No matter how they pushed and shoved, it would not go in.  I tried to tell him it was the box for the 220 wiring, but NNNNNOOOOO.  As usual, I was wrong.  Two days, and 5 trips by Eric to help him move it in or out, Gary hears a "crunch" sound and breaks the metal housing around the wiring. YUP..... the box was in the wrong spot.  He finally has to buy a new piece for the oven that he brokem and he fixes it, recesses the box, and it fits perfectly.  Not once did I say "I told you so", but my tongue is extremely sore from biting it.  It is   Kitchenaid



Move forward to us girls being gone and Gary decides to install a new dishwasher.  I come home, and it is not inserted into the cabinet all the way.  Gary explains that the buttons didn't show.  I explained (just a little hostility in my voice) that the buttons are supposed to be hidden, that's why it's called "hidden buttons".  Well, I try pushing on it, and it will not go into the cabinet.  I pull it out all the way, and there is a plastic drain hose that is coming out of the wall, and I think it's the problem.  I read the book outloud to Gary, and it says it should come out of the wall at the base of the unit, not the top of the unit.  Well, Gary and I have a bit of a heated discussion, and I finally do the nasty..... YUP, I informed him that "had he listened to me about the oven, it wouldn't have taken extra parts and days to install.  He needed to redo the drain hose."  Well, he stormed out the door, headed for home depot, and I went golfing with the Oklahoma.  (I'll get to that post later)  I got home, and he did it my way, and added some trim and it looks fantastic.  I haven't run it yet, we just usually hand wash dishes.  I will make an effort to do it this week.    Again, Kitchenaid



Now, I'll drop back in time.  We have been soooo busy. 


Margie and I went to Shreveport and played in a tournament at Southern Trace Country Club.  We spent the night at the Horseshoe Casio Hotel, thanks to her sister.  We also visited her sisters and mother.  Here we are at her sisters house.  I "think" this one is named Charlotte.  I'm sure it's wrong, but Margie will let me know.




We didn't win any thing special in our tournament, but we did come in like 4th, but of course they only pay thru third place.

I'm going to close this post and start on a different subject.  No, they are NOT in order.

No comments: