Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My Personal Plumber

It has been a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG (really long) week.  Gary has been working on the plumbing.  What a joke,  He may have actually finished up the fix this afternoon,  So far, he's made a jillion trips to Home Depot, and bought I don't know how many parts.  But it was not leaking the last time I looked.

Here is a picture of the current state of my bathroom.


I think one of the problems is that he has way too many tools.  Notice the ice chest, that's his temporary chair, the two heaters were used to try and dry the cabinets out, on and on.  Anyway, I will be so grateful when he is finished messing with it.  Man, I can call a plumber, but not if he "thinks" he has a chance of fixing it.

We got up later on Christmas morning that we usually do.  Thin it was because the Gibbons Christmas Eve party lasted past midnight.  We went over to Angie's house so we could watch the girls open their gifts.  Everyone made a pretty good haul, except maybe Angie.  She got a Surface Pro from Eric, but she didn't ask for a computer, so she was a tad disappointed.  I did okay.  I bought just about everything for myself that I could think of.  I even got Gary a gift.  Some new 180's (ear muffs).  We hung out there most of the day.  The only thing I had to return was a warming blanket that Gary got me.  It looked just like Kiki's fur, except it was not long enough to cover me when I lay down.  Yes, I returned it yesterday.

It got up to 82 degrees here today.  That set the record.  It could have ended up higher, but the 82 did break the old record.  I think... make that predict..... we are going to have another drought.  You heard it here first. They are saying it will e even warmer tomorrow.

Since the house was without water all day, i didn't do much.  I am sort of tired anyway.... having trouble sleeping.  I have 2 more weeks on steroids, and hopefully that problem will go away.  I am alos hoping I can get the 6-7 pounds I have gained to go away.  I did okay for the first few week, but lately..... I just want to eat.  Today I made Joyce's crab tarts that she made back in 2013.  They came out really good.  Gary and I had them as appetizers tonight.  We actually sat on the patio with Kiki and Stella for a while.  For dinner, I made lasagna using zucchini slices instead of pasta.  Came out really good.  Didn't miss the regular noodles at all.  Gary actually made a positive statement about the tarts and the lasagna.  Here is a picture of my Kiki.




I have nothing exciting on my schedule for the rest of the week.  Well, I do need to contact the Ford shop.  I had my 25 gallon gas tank changed out to a 50 gallon tank.  It was on empty, so yesterday I filled it up.  It would only take 37 gallons.  I don't know if it's not the right size tank or if it needs to be adjusted.  I called them yesterday but they didn't call back today.  Guess I need to call them again tomorrow.  Dang that irks me cause I paid lots of money for that,  I didn't use my regular service tech.... my bad.  I will call him tomorrow.

I also went to Home Depot yesterday and picked out some tile for the bathroom.  I hope Gary gets it in fairly quick.  In the meantime, I need to probably repaint the bedroom case we also cut most of the carpet up there as well as that in the bathroom.  I will paint it THEN find the floor.  Carpet or tile?  I have no idea.

They called and the trailer is actually ready to pick up. I also need to get a safety inspection done on it, so I asked if they'd wait til next week.  They agreed, which sort of surprised me, cause they could charge for storage, but are not doing it.

That's it for now.  Really no reason to blog... nothing really going on.  Just trying to stay on a roll.  Later....

No comments: