If Gary was a plumber named Elvis, I would have titles this post ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BATHROOM.....
Today, Gary finished up the the last of his repairs. He actually got the plumbing cold water fixed a few days ago, but then the hot water started dripping, then after he fixed that, the cold water failed again. Alas, he had the wrong part in the cold water shut off valve. Thank gawd they only make two types. OK, that got fixed, but he removed some of the cabinet while working on it. He did a half ass job of putting it back in, so I had to get involved. It took him installing it 3 times to get it correct. Now, I just need to motivate him to get the tile laid. Man... I have to do everything! LOL!
One problem that I have caused.... animals. Yup, we are currently feeding raccoons, opossums, and now skunks. EWE! Last night I went out on the patio and there was the prettiest skunk you have ever seen eating out of Kiki's food bowl. I grabbed Kiki and headed in the house. I have no idea why he didn't spray me, because I startled him (maybe a her), but no odor. Stella was already safely inside. I thought that would be then end of it, but evidently not. Tonight there was a faint smell of skunk outside in the front yard. As soon as I feed the rest of the 20 pound bag of dog food (bacon flavored no less) that I bought for the raccoons, I am going to stop putting out anything. Kiki comes in to the house now to eat and sleep. The rest of the time, she can stay outside. I just hate to leave her outside when it is so cold. She is now a very liberated house cat. She has a litter box in the garage now in addition to the one in my bathroom. I caught her pooping in the garage the the other day.... guess she prefers it to pooping outside. I mean, the door was open, and she walked in, found a corner and pooped on the floor, then left. Thank goodness she prefers the litter box.
I don't think I mentioned that I bought, I mean Santa brought me a new gas tank for my truck. My factory installed tank only held about 25 gallons, which is okay for driving around, cause I get about 13-16 mpg. But when I am pulling the trailer, on a good day, I might get 10, but usually 6-8 mpg. Wind, hills, and speed really affect it when I'm hauling the trailer. On a road trip, we end up having to stop at a gas station every hour and a half. Add on potty time for Gary and or me, and a brief walk for Stella, it wastes a lot of time. We cannot afford to let it get too low, cause we have to find a station with a really tall clearance, and diesel. Not all stations have both.
Well, I had them take the small tank off and install a new 50 gallon tank. It cost a fortune, and I also had them install a shield around it. Me being the smart person I am, I let it get to empty before I took it in, thinking they would have an easier time changing it out if it wasn't full of gas. Well, that was true, but then they drove it to a gas station after changing the tank so they could adjust the sensors. They put $40 worth of gas in it.... but that was partly labor for driving it there I guess. Cause it was just barely above empty when I picked it up.
To test it, I waited til hit hit empty again and fill it up. Damn.... it only took 37 gallons. I called them, and they said no big deal, they'll work on it. However, it has too much gas now to work on it, they want me to bring it in when it is 1/4 tank from empty. I haven't driven it since Christmas... it make be a while before I get it in the shop again cause I have at least 40 gallons of gas in it. Why can't anything be simple for me?
Good news though... I did drive it today to pick up the trailer. When we went on our last trip to Double Lake (near Conroe) with Janice and Mike, we drove down in the rain. Water got inside and soaked the carpet. It was, by the way, the first time we had ever driven it in the rain. Anyway, they replaced a defective seal. That is also probably the last time I will ever get anything fixed again under warranty, because as of Jan. 18, I will have had it one year. I just hope everything is taken care of. I can now start unloading all the stuff that is currently in the guest bedroom that needs to go back in the RV.
Due to the plumbing flood, I had to move so much stuff out of my closet and bedroom that we stuck it in the guest bedroom. Instead of putting stuff back into the bedroom, I have been down sizing my bedroom and bathroom storage. I am finished with the majority of it... still need to work on my closet though. But, I think I will do the guest bedroom first since I need to take the stuff to the RV. I guess that is the first thing I will do... take all the stuff to the RV, THEN I will down size the crap in the guest bedroom. Maybe by next December I will have it done. Yeah.... I wish!
Nothing else is going on. I need to go to bed and get rested so I can "encourage" Gary to get busy installing the bathroom tile. I am very seriously thinking of painting the master bedroom while he does, then it will be ready for new carpet.
GASP! If only I was as good at getting things done as I am of thinking of things I need to do. Hey... I can complete one thing... I'll hit "publish" on the blog then go to bed!
Monday, January 2, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment