Here it is, another Monday, and my life is still boring. Not as much as usual. Went to the doctor last Thursday, and he's released me to drive and also sending me on the real outpatient physical therapy. I was ecstatic. He also said my leg is still extremely swollen, and will remain so for some time to come. Also, my muscles, ligaments and tendons were not in good shape before the surgery, so my rehab time will take longer than that of most other knee replacement people. I guess in a way, it was good news. I thought it wasn't progressing fast enough, but he was pleased with the results so far. He was not surprised that I couldn't yet straighten my leg, and told me not to worry about anything, that he still predicts a full recovery of all knee functions, and thinks it will be better than before surgery. That's all good news.
Today was my first day of the new therapy. They did a TIMS type of unit, and lots of ice. That was it. What a let down. I was hoping for really aggressive exercises. She did give me some for home, but I was doing all of them already. Maybe Wednesday they'll get really aggressive. I was there for 1 1/2 hours, but most of it was assessment of what I can do, range of motion etc.
Sheila called yesterday. She, Sue and Margie are playing golf today at Twin Creeks in Allen. They invited Gerry also, but hadn't heard from her when Sheila called me. Gerry is one busy lady. I am going to invite them all over here for lunch and Mah Jong next Tuesday. That way, if I get too tired, I'll just go to my room and take a nap. Sheila asked, but I'm still not up for a movie. Just can't stay in one place too long. If I stand up too long, my knee hurts. Same thing if I sit for too long, so I keep moving around. Maybe by next week some more of the swelling will have gone down, and I'll be able to do a movie.
Chloe has a really bad ear infection. She missed school Friday and today. She went to the doctor on both days, but the doctor said she shouldn't go to school tomorrow either. They cleaned it out both day, but it fills back up with blood and gunk. Gross! She's home in bed...... nauseated and hurting. Poor baby. Morgan is still going strong. Maybe Chloe will come spend the night with me since she won't be going to school. I do enjoy her company. We play game and watch NCIS reruns non-stop. Gawd, we're awful.
Dad is fine, and he's actually more like his old self. Gary is still chief cook and bottle washer here. Would you believe we actually had rotisserie chicken, green beans and corn for supper last night? Oh wait, that would be the only meal (other than breakfast) that Gary knows how to do entirely by himself. Bless his heart......
That's about it. Just wanted to update everyone on how I'm faring. IF anything exciting ever happens, you all will be the first to know, cause I'll blog about it.
Sheila did give me some good news yesterday..... Mel again invited me to Las Vegas with her and Sheila next May. Now THAT is something to look forward to.
Later........
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment