Stella (Dad's dog) came in crying at 4:30, wanting to get in our bed. I let her get in bed, then laid there about a half hour and decided I couldn't sleep anyway, so I got up. I started coffee, and went to get the paper. This scene greeted me.
As you can see, it's snowing. I went back in and took these two from the deck. The are both taken without a flask, but I have no idea why they look so different. I know it's because of the exposure time, but I can't remember how I took them. I took several, these were just the best ones.
Well, the weatherman was actually right for a change. Decided it would be safer if I didn't attempt to walk on the old ice that is still under the new snow, so I woke Gary up. He went and got the paper for me, then he went back to bed. I had just posted a pix on Face Book when I heard Dad faintly calling "Gary.....Gary....Gary". Went to see about him, and he was wedged against the closed bedroom door. Again, I got Gary up. This time, he had to wiggle into the bedroom and get Dad up and back in bed. Nothing like starting the day out with a bang.
Gary gave up getting any sleep, and we were reading the paper, when about an hour later I heard a crash from Dad's room. Yup, he was behind the bedroom door again. He had fallen into the closet, broke a plastic storage tub that I store his shoes in, and then I guess he crawled to the door attempting to get help. Again, Gary got him up. This time, we had a plan. I got him cleaned up, put a hospital gown on him, and hauled him into the living room. He is currently snoring away in his recliner. I'm sitting right beside him, so he shouldn't be trying to get up. If he does, then I'll strap him in the recliner. I took a few minutes to take a few more pictures. There's more light, so they look a little better.
Gary likes to keep the bird feeders full, but especially when it's snowing or icey.
Mean while, back at the ranch...... I called the insurance and got a different referral to home health, but it won't do any good til Monday. That's when all the roads should again be cleared, and hopefully everyone will go back to normal business hours. Both the doctors office and the home health agency are on emergency status....basically, phone service only, referring all emergencies to 911. There you go..... back to square one till Monday.
Angela is working an auction in Houston Saturday, so she left today a little before noon. She is taking Melissa, Gary's daughter by his first marriage. I asked her to call me every hour, so I can not worry unless I don't hear from her. The girls are home from school again, and guess where Gary had gone. RIGHT! to Angie's house. Eric is staying home from work today, taking care of the two sick girls and their two dogs. The girls called earlier and wanted a special rock Chloe had left over here, some newspapers, and all their ski clothes. Guess they're planning on playing in the snow. Yes, they do have the flu, but don't ask me to explain that. I wouldn't let them, but I'm not their Mom or Dad, or Gary.
A voice from my past called me today. Her name is Wileena, and we called her Willie. I haven't heard from or see her in years. Like, about 15. Anyway, she tracked me down, and we have a mutual friend in common.... Margie. We're all going to get together when the weather clears up some, and it gets warmer. She is like me..... took up golf after retirement. Willie and Margie and I will have great fun.
That's it for now. I need to go so I can once again correct a screw up of Gary's. Here we have two grand kids with the flu, and Gary just walked in and informed me that he left the girls at a friends house. Did he tell the parents that they'd had the flu? Noooooooo...... Damn. Now he's having Eric call Angie to call the girls parents. Yes, Angie is on the road. Being a wife is sure a big responsibility. It's nag, nag, nag.... 24 hours a day.
Later....

No comments:
Post a Comment