Monday, August 15, 2011

I'M BACK

I'll save us all a lot of time and just say I've been busy. I did download some expensive software for getting pictures off my camera, etc., and it didn't work. I finally, make that FINALLY, got it going this morning. I needed additional codec's to get my damned Sony camera to be compatible with the rest of the industry.

I wanted to blog about Saturday night. Carlos and Sue S., Margie and Ralph S., and Sheila and Mark C., and Gary and I met for a wine tasting. I had purchased some groupons earlier in the year, and for $20 a coupon, it entitled 2 people to a tasting of 2 wines, and a gift certificate for $20. Well, we made the most of our evening.




Connie & Gary (event coordinator extraordinaire)


Sheila and Mark




Carlos and Sue


Ralph and Margie


We all had a groupon, so we each ordered to wines. I must admit, mine was a wurgztramier (well, that's close to the correct spelling), and we all agreed it smelled like sweaty socks. It tasted sort of like that also. Anyway, we all gabbed and drank our wines, then decided to spend our gift certificates on more wine, by the bottle. I also ordered an appetizer tray.



We nibbled our way thru the snack tray, and the two or more bottles of wine, and it was time to pay the bill. It was so cheap..... only a little over $100, and with all of our credit, we owed them $16. Not bad considering the cost of the bottles of wine, and the appetizer tray was $36. Well worth the cost of the groupons. Anyway..... off we go to get something substantial to eat.


Well, that's for most of them. I ordered dinner, drank tea and water, then decided my night was over. I left. They canceled my order, and continued to have a ball without me. Note to self, do not work out in the humidity all day cleaning your car and getting dehydrated. Wow...... what can I say. It's not like I surprised anyone. Wine and I are not that compatible. Oh well, it's the thought that counts.


Now, I did post the pictures of the wine party. Sheila and Margie are off to Louisiana to play a golf tournament and gamble. Margie will probably just watch Sheila on the craps table, as I don't think she's a wanna be craps player.


I'm going to close now and work on my pictures. I only have 30 days left on my purchase to get free assistance on my warranty. I've gotta make the most of it.


I'll close by giving you another Texas philosophy....


Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

No comments: