If you get a chance, by all means, go see the movie, or read the book, or both. You won't be sorry. Maybe you will even walk away from any of the options above, realizing that if you aren't happy with yourself, then you cannot expect anyone else to make it better. Chose your life, don't let life chose you. Gawd, I'll get off my Dr. Phil kick.
After the movie, we walked to Fish City Grill (Firewheel Towncenter in Garland) for dinner. Margie wasn't overly hungry, so she got the coconut shrimp app as her meal. Gerry and Sheila got the fried seafood tacos, and I opted for a salad and shrimp & scallop pasta primavera. All the food was excellent. Course Gerry had her wine, but Margie, Sheila and I started out with margaritas on the rocks. They were one of the best I've ever had.... not too sweet, not too tart. Sheila switched to beer after one, but I managed to get two more down, and Margie got one more down. Nope, I was sober when we left.
We did have a problem with the giggles. Gerry and Margie teamed up to take our picture (Sheila and me), and couldn't quit laughing.

These are four of the worst pictures I've seen.
Damn, I never realized till I saw these that my head is about twice as large as Sheila's. I took the pictures of the gigglers, and they never stopped laughing.
The reason I posted them all? Because I couldn't find one in particular that I really liked of any of us. If one is embarrassed by the stupid pictures, then we'll all be embarrassed.
That's one thing fun about the four of us. It doesn't take much to make us laugh. Like Margie coming into the theater late. The previews were running, and Gerry saw her standing near the entrance. We always try to sit by the railing in the second tier, so we can put our feet up on the rail during the movie. Well, Gerry is frantically waving both arms, trying to get her attention, and instead gets the guy in front of her. He starts over, then realized he doesn't know her, and he finds the correct lady. Margie is still there, and Gerry starts "whisper - yelling" at Margie. You know, that obnoxious sound that makes everyone turn to see who is drawing all the attention to themselves in trying NOT to do it.
Anyway, Margie finally realized it could be us, and starts over, stumbling over a couple of chairs, then grabbing the railing (it's the wheel chair row, where there are openings for wheel chairs mixed with regular seats), then running into another seat. She finally gets to our row, and tries to sit on my lap. It's tough entering from the bright lobby and being the only one that can't see. Oh well, it gave everyone else a good laugh.
That's it. I was supposed to have jury duty, but according the the Collin County web site, the trial I was supposed to be on was dismissed. At least I haven't wasted another entire day. I am getting ready to clean my closet (that means unpack from my vacation that was several weeks ago), well at least start on it. I hate doing it cause I have so much crap. When I finish that, I'm back to working on vacation pictures. I'm still not playing golf until it cools off.
We're sitting with 57 or so hot days that were in the triple digit temperature. That puts us in 2nd place for the all time record, from when they started collecting data. The worst was like 69, days which was set in like 1980. There is currently no end in sight. However, Tuesday Morning (a retailer) has put Christmas stuff in their newspaper circular this week. It did make me laugh. In the Collin County portion of Richardson, we are on stage 2 watering restrictions this week. We can only water 2 times a week, and must reduce our water bill by 5% from the same period as last year. Next week, we go to stage 3, where we can only water once a week. We are not allowed to wash our cars, or ever water between 10am and 6pm. Of course, there are always people that believe the laws don't apply to them. Not us..... we're good citizens.
That's it for now., but speaking of water, as they say in Texas.....
ALWAYS drink upstream from the herd.

No comments:
Post a Comment