Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy September

Just when I think everything is going great, they change completely how I blog.  This is the first time I've tried it.  Thank you all that hang in there in between posts.  Joyce arrived from Canada right on schedule last week.  Sheila is determined to run her ragged, cause she's got her booked for something almost every day that she's here. 

Saturday night, Sheila, Mark, Joyce, Gary and I met at Tanglewood Resort.  We had booked a dinner cruise.  Gary and I have been contemplating buying a boat, lake house, trailer, just something.  Anyway, we headed down early.  At the Marina, they have what is called a "dockominium".  It's a cross between a condo, and a boat slip.  They actually rent slips by the month.  But if you get permission, building permits, etc., you can build a floating house on a boat slip.  The only drawback is that you will forever be required to rent that slip.  We look at some ranging in price from $89,000 to $400,000.  The better the view from your docominium, the more expensive it is.  The person usually has gobs of money.  They rent two stalls, for approximately $1,700 a month.  They park their house boat, cabin cruiser, etc in one slip, then build a party house in the other.  Some are air conditioned, some are open air.  Anyway, currently Lake Texoma is very very low.  The heat and zebra mussels are a problem there.  Anyway, long story short, we decided not to buy a docominium there.  The worst part was that it's in the marina (this is also the best part because security is great) and there's a very loud club there.  Dancing til all hours of the morning, and you can hear their music everywhere.  There'd be no sleeping if they were playing music.  We're probably going to go look somewhere else next week.  The rest of this week is busy.

Now, about that cruise.  We met up with the Canadians about 5pm at the resort, where they arranged to spend the night.  (Gary wanted to drive back afterwards, he likes his own bed.)  We had a drink by the pool, then headed to the marina to board the cruiser.  It was about 60 feet long, best guess.  The cruise included a bottle of wine for each of us.  This picture was taken just as we boarded.
 None of the pictures show it, but we were all upstairs in all of these pictures.  Down stairs, there were 2 bedrooms, living area, dining area, and a lounge area.  It is one nice boat. If I could afford the boat we were on, I would NOT be able to drive it anywhere, cause it had to be guzzeling gas like crazy.
 We all got started on a bottle of Chardonnay,and appetizers of boiled shrimp, and I can't remember what else, but it was good.  Then we sailed off into the evening.  The sunset was beautiful.  It was a 3 hour cruise, so we took our time snacking before the meal. 
 The main course was stuffed poblano peppers, which had squash, chicken or beef or a vegetarian filling with cheese.  It was all very good.  Had a salad with that, and rice, and of course, more wine.
 There was also a 2 person band on board, and even though there were only two of them, they really played some good music.  After our cruise, we went back to the Marina's club.  It was loud, LOUD!  Mark and Sheila danced, but Gary, Joyce and I stayed seated.

       Obviously, Mark was really moved by the music.


Mark obviously enjoyed it when we left.  I would have thought he could have done a better job of not showing his pleasure at our announcement that we were leaving.  Oh well.  All in all, it was a good night with friends.

Tomorrow, Sheila is having all the girls over for Mah Jong, and dinner.  I'm sure there'll be some more wine served, cause I'm taking a bottle with me, and some beer.  I have to be too careful drinking wine, cause I still have not learned to pace myself.  And not only that, but last night while cooking, I fell.  I have no idea what happened, I just know that I was falling, knife in hand.  At least I didn't land on the knife.  I'm a little sore today, but none the worse for wear.

It has been one of the hottest summers on record.  The temp dropped Saturday evening, and has been tolerable ever since.  It hasn't gotten back into the 3 digit temps since.  I'll try and blog more pictures after tomorrow. 

Y'all take care.....

No comments: