Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rain and Glass

Sheila and I decided to play golf today.  We're going to a tournament in Glen Rose, TX a week from today and neither one of us has been playing much golf.  We meet at the course at 10:00 ish (Sheila slept in).  We got two holes in, and the heavens broke open and we had hail, lightning, and plenty of rain.  Can you believe it?  Several guys at the course thanked me for coming out (my first time there in a couple of months) because they think I'm a rain maker.  Hah! 


We had a beer waiting for it to clear up, then decided to go have Chinese food instead of sitting there waiting on the next storm cell to come thru.  We also caught up on what was happening.  Joyce made it home safely, and we both miss her.  Sheila had to put Checkers down, cause she was basically starving to death due to her liver problems.  That's such a bummer, cause I know that animals can become one of the family.  Well, not for me, I don't care for them at all, I'm a dog lover.  I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and presuming they have some type of endearing qualities.  There I go again, my sick sense of humor.  Honestly, I know it is terrible for both of them. 

Sheila and I are going to attempt to play golf again tomorrow, using our rain checks from today.  Then on Saturday, Sheila and Mark head for Las Vegas.  They are, by the way, going to do the Scoot City Tour that she and I went on.  I came home, and the phone rang.  It was Quiggley's Clayhouse, where we all went last Friday for ladies night out.  I couldn't get a hold of Sue, so I didn't pick up her piece of art, but I did get Sheila's, Joyce's and mine.  Here is our finished product.  My had the biggest change from what it looked like before it was fired.

 Here are my two necklace / earring sets.  I was so happy with the way they turned out.  I am going to go back, that's for sure.

Above is Joyce's finished product.  I think she'll be very happy with the results.
This is Sheila's finished work.  You can't see it too well in the photo, but in the upper left corner, on the blue glass edge, there is a bird in flight.  Her signature for all of her projects.  If she's painting a picture, she always puts a bird on it.  She did it with the candy plate (or whatever it's gonna be) as well.  It's a real subtle black bird on the blue edge. 

That's all the excitement for today.  Chloe just called and is going to come over and bake cookies at my house (her Mom is working and she can't cook there without supervision..... well that and a recipe) for school tomorrow.  This ought to be fun.  Later.......

No comments: