I am currently uploading a video to you tube. I'll blog and then try and upload some pictures.
Today, we woke up to a really cool morning. Gary bought my coffee at the bottom of the hill instead of making it. Hey, whatever, I don't care as long as I get my coffee. I was on the phone trying to get the generator fixed. I spoke with the place where I bought it. I told him it runs well, but shuts off when we're running only the airconditioner and traveling. He said it could be a regulator problem in the generator, since it's so new, he didn't think it'd be anything serious. He said it would be better to go to an RV dealer to get everything checked. If by chance I get someone who doesn't know what they're doing, or whan't to make a few easy bucks, since it runs great, he could say it was fine that it was the air conditioner. Off I'd go, and in reality, I'd probably have to go to a different city. Blah blah blah. Correct. Gary and I have decided to just travel home with it like it is. If it doesn't run, we'll stop at a RV place and spend the day, then travel at night when it's cooler. Hey, it's a plan. I was assured that either way, the generator work would be covered under the manufacturer warranty of 3 years. Yippee.
Morgan insisted on Gary buying her pancakes. Angie cooked breakfast spaghetti for me. It was really good. I sort of wished it would have had bacon in it, but it was sooo yummy. It taste basically like alfredo, but only has egg and cheese on the noodles. No butter and cream. Low fat cheese at that. Not sure what Chloe had, but Gary had cereal. Notyhing like living in an RV.
Today, Eric flew into Jackson, WY. Angie and Chloe drove to pick him up. They allowed themsevles two hours to get there. 124 miles. She didn't realize she was going to have to pay to go thru Yellowstone, cause that's the only road there from here. Then, she had to go thru Grand Teton National Park. Yes, it's pay as you go..... well exit in this case. Needless to say, between the animal traffic jams and the mountains, it took her 4 hours to get there, and 4 hours to get back. Whew, I'm glad I decided to stay here. They did say the drive was beautiful.
I decided to mop the floors. They were filthy. The carpet is worse. I'm not sure it will ever be the same again. I now wish I had ignored Angie and Gary and brought my rechargable vac and steam mop. Live and learn. Tneh, I cleaned the pantry, on and on. Then finally, it was ready. I put up the awning and sat in the swing. (Angie had the rental car.) Morgan and Gary were playing putt putt golf, sitting in the sauna, at the arcade, and at the pool. They had a great time. And then the heavens opened up and it poured rain. Then the wind came up, and the awning started ratteling. I was attempting to put it down alone, quite a task, when Gary and Morgan came running up. He remembered the awning was out. I almost fell over. We got it down in a jiffy.
Angie wouldn't be here in time for dinner, so I made chicken nuggets for Morgan, and Gary and I had stuffed baked potatoes. I used the stove for the first time to saute some onions and peppers. I didn't turn on the exhaust fan, and the smoke detector went off. Scared Morgan to death. Gary slept thru it. Figgers. Anyway, it did a great job. That's about all that happened here today. Tomorrow, it's back on the sight seeing trail.
That's it for now. Here is a video for you to watch. It was an hour uploading the first picture, So much for uploading pictures.
http://youtu.be/IdH8PEjD3-E
Friday, August 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment