Today, I'm sitting here at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. I just paid $4.95 to get wi-fi access since I'm not a guest. Here goes an attempt to give you a brief update as to what we've been doing.......It is currently Aug 14, and it's 4:25 pm here in Wyoming.
Saturday, we toured the north part of Yellowstone. We went to Mammoth Springs, the Yellowstone Grand Canyon, and basically did only sight seeing, taking a zillion pictures.
Sunday, we left the KOA in West Yellowstone, MT, and moved to the Yellowstone Campground. On the way, Gary Morgan and I made a detour and visited the Artist Paint Pots. Morgan and I hiked 1/3 up to see them, and she complained all the way. We got there and it was more springs, and geisers. She was soooo upset. She informed me that if you see one “geezer”, you’ve seen them all. Gary got there just as she was telling me how I wasted her time, so he walked back with us. This altitude makes it a little bit of work. We also bought an air compressor for $150 in case we have a low tire, which we did. Anyway, we finally got to Yellowstone Campground, and Eric , Angie, and Chloe were just a little teed off that we were so late. No phone service so we couldn’t call.
Monday we went to Yellowstone Lake. Eric, Morgan, Chloe and Gary fished. No weights, no bobbers, no hooks with barbs, and no live bait. Guess what, they got only one bite the entire time. Know what? No one cared. It was soooooo much fun. Angie and I started collecting rocks. Gary was climbing a lava rock mass to get to a better fishing place and he fell in the lake. Ha-ha. I laughed so hard. I tried to climb the same area to go in a cave, and I also fell, but my muscular body kept me from going in. All I got was a scraped leg.
After that, Angie, Chloe and I started rock collecting. We found some large quartz, and several pieces of what I call sea glass. Really unusual shapes. Eric did a bit of hiking, and we spent the entire afternoon at the lake. We then headed to the RV to get cleaned up for dinner. We had reservations at the Yellowstone Lodge (established in 1891) Dining Room. We left in plenty of time to arrive at 6:30. Then, we hit a traffic jam. That can only mean one thing…… animals. This was unique. There were to groups of buffalo walking the highway. The one immediately in front of us was 12 buffalo, one of which was a baby. They all protect the baby, and it’s always at the back of the trail. Eric and I got out of the car to take pictures, and we got too close, and the buffalo protecting the baby turned around and scared the crap out of Eric. He went back to the car immediately. I waited a second, and when he started in my direction, I joined Eric…. As fast as my fat butt could go.
We did make our reservation on time. Chloe got sliders, Morgan buttered bow tie pasta, Eric and Angie shared a rainbow trout dinner, Gary had sea bass, and I had a sirloin so I could share with Morgan. Of course, it was too over cooked for her, so Chloe helped me finish it. Everyone had tea but me, and I had a glass of wine. Oh, Chloe had a Caldera Cake….. chocolate molten caldera cake a la mode. That came to $165. Wow…. Again, we slept in the cold RV. It’s warm enough during the day to wear shorts, but cold enough for long johns at night.
Today, we all got up early. The guys went for a hike and breakfast, and we girls had cereal, then we started cleaning the RV. 6 people can sure track in a bunch of dirt and gravel. We have now enacted a NO SHOE policy in the RV. I have special sandals that I can wear in the RV, but I can’t wear them outside. I just hope it helps. We’ve eaten almost all the food we bought for the trip, which is good. When we leave tomorrow, we’ll buy more supplies.
Right now, we’re in the car headed once again for Old Faithful. This is the third time for Angie. I went the first time, as did everyone except Eric, and she and Eric went last night. They thought it would be beautiful by moonlight, but it was too dark to find anything. It is NOT lit up. While they did that, the girls and Gary and I went to bed early.
We leave Yellowstone tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll be in high tech area and we’ll have internet. Eric brought his hot spot card with him. That’s it for now. Sorry, it’s impossible to do anything with pictures.
Wait....since I'm paying for internet, I'm going to try and upload a few pictures. No particular order.....
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment