Neither of us had ever been to Caddo Lake State Park, but Chloe and I have a week planned there in June. Gary wanted to make the trip to see if he wanted to go with us. We took my car, not the RV. Anyway, we got there for lunch, and it was extremely pretty.
We checked out the park, then drove thru Uncertain, TX. Never heard of it? Well, if we'd blinked, we'd have missed it. It is really just an area on the edge of the bayou that has lots of rentals. I'd call them bed and breakfasts though, cause there is no restaurant, store, gas station, etc..
Before I forget, I need to mention that there were all types of mosquito's there. I must remember to take my outdoor screened in tent (so we can enjoy the evening) and plenty of bug spray. I also think I'll take some painting supplies so Chloe and I can attempt to paint a picture. I am hoping she'll enjoy trying that.
We were on our way back (we were there for maybe 2 hours) we saw Dangerfield State Park entrance signs. We decided to take a tour there. The trees don't have the hanging moss in them, but it was a denser forest.
What Dangerfield didn't have in the way of moss, it made up for in poison ivy. Both state parks are in the middle of dense forest area. We weren't dressed for traipsing thru poison ivy or we'd have ventured out.
We made it home safe. We'd been home about 30 minutes when Eric called and said their garage door was stuck, AGAIN. Gary went over and checked it out. He had replaced one of the support springs a couple of months ago. He told them he'd take care of it today.
Today, he is busy replacing the other one. That, and his daughter, Melissa, wants him to fix her lawn mower. I am taking the day off. I have done nothing. Just feel pooped. My throat is really sore. Found out last night that Chloe has strep throat, again. At least, we keep getting the same things over and over. She stayed home from school today. I checked out my throat, and it's really red, but I doubt that I have it. Hey, I'm tough.
Today, it is cold and misty. I am wondering if we'll ever get a full week of Spring weather. Our luck, it will be rainy for a few more weeks, then BAM! We'll be in the middle of a heat wave and drought.
As you can tell, I really had nothing to write about. Just thought I'd share the pictures. Sheila and Mark had been to Lake Caddo, and they really enjoyed it. She did say that looking in the water was really sort of spooky. That was an understatement. It reminds me of those scenes from the movies, where zombies, alligators, and monsters come out of the swamp.
You all have a nice day. I'm signing off for today.






No comments:
Post a Comment