That was Tuesday. I took the RV to the shop to get the TV antennae fixed. Since I have $100 deductible, I called the warranty people, Corner Stone, and verified that it would be covered. I explained that the cable from the selector box (everything is wired to the selector box, then from there to the RV's, so you can both watch the antennae at the same time, or watch the TV or DVD on one, and something different on the other) to the back of the TV was too short, and it eventually broke the connector off the back of the TV. They said sure, it was covered. I left it at the RV repair shop, and they charge $115 an hour to look at anything. They agreed with my description, but when they attempted to get Corner Stone to cover it, they said no, it was a wear problem. Three days on the phone, and they finally agreed to fix it. I originally explained the problem to them, stating that if it wasn't covered, I'd just replace the TV, and it was easy enough to buy a new TV for a few hundred bucks. Well, not if you pay someone a couple hours of labor to look at it. Anyway, they have ordered me a new TV, and it should be ready by Tuesday. I just hope it doesn't hail between now and then, cause they park it outside when it's not being worked on. They also found a short in the trailer wiring (that we have only used once.... well we attempted to use it). That's not covered, so I'm going to try and get Gary to work on it.
We've been watching the neighbors house while they're on a 6 week trip to Iran. Gary feeds their cats every day. Today, we got a call from the lady's sister in law that was staying the weekend there. She had a dead squirrel that she wanted Gary to remove. He did that, but only Gary would do it stupid. He got the dead squirrel, then threw it behind our house so the hawks could eat it. Sounds stupid, but honestly, the hawks eat animals that get run over by the lawn mowers, so maybe they'll eat the squirrel.
Chloe has been feeding Sheila's cat. Saturday morning, Chloe and I went and bought breakfast at Chick Fillet, and took it to Sheila's house to eat. I decided Paisley (yes, I felt sorry for that psycho cat) was lonesome, so our plan was to eat there and watch TV. We were watching a cooking show when Paisley came down to see what was happening. She actually let Chloe pet her. Then she kept purring, so Chloe attempted to do it again. Sheila had warned to only touch her once. Well, she actually let Chloe pet her twice. That was all Chloe would attempt. Chloe then put food down for her, and she ate some of it. Then, while Chloe was in the kitchen, Paisley decided to talk to Chloe. She meowed and meowed, so Chloe started meowing back. The two of them did that for about 15 minutes. (Yes, it was driving me crazy!) Then Paisley went back upstairs. We decided we were finished with our mission, so we left. Here is a picture I took of Paisley deep in conservation with Sheila.
Honestly, I am glad we did it. I know she must be getting very lonesome.
Margie has been to Florida for her son's wedding. Everyone knows Margie, but probably only Sheila and I know Lynn. He WAS a confirmed bachelor until he met Niki. She is a cutie, for sure. Here are two pictures. The fireworks were real. They actually got married at Disney Land. Me thinks they spent quite a few bucks on the event. Professional photographer followed them around for several days taking pictures. Professional makeup artists did Niki's makeup. Special dinners and dessert tastings. Dang, I wish I could have gone. Wait, I wasn't invited. Seriously, it was a family event. I'm so glad the weather and everything cooperated.
These are photos Margie took, so I am really looking forward to seeing the ones the photographer took. They took some in the "Italy" section of Disney Land, etc.. Congratulations Niki and Lynn! Also congrats to Margie, her first and only daughter-in-law. You too, Ralph.
Morgan is spending the day with Gary and me. She is currently at Adventure Landing. They are playing laser tag and driving go-carts. As she left, she told me that she and I were going to play golf at Pecan Hollow, then have dinner at Firewheel Golf Course in the Branding Iron Restaurant. That girl doesn't want to waste any time. Both girls are ready for school to be out. Chloe has planned a week stay at Caddo State Park with me in the RV. I am looking forward to that. We plan on doing kayak rides, but I will take Gary's advice and just rent them instead of taking ours. (Remember the trailer lights don't work.) We are going to take our bikes for sure. Chloe has about as much stamina as I do, so they probably won't get used, but we will have fun. I now need to plan a trip with Morgan, as I need to keep everything fair and square. You all know how siblings like to keep score.
I did get a note from Sheila saying the trip was fun, she even enjoyed the formal dinner with the captain. That tends to make me think she's doing heavy duty drinking or drugs! Just kidding, but she did say that. She also said she's gained a few pounds. I gather it's one big buffet. I could never do that. Here I am staying home, and I've probably gained more weight than Sheila. See, I've been using our bananas that keep rotting before the grand kids eat them. I've made banana muffins, cup cakes, bread, bread pudding, and finally my favorite a cake. The cake took 2 hours to bake (baked at 275 degrees), then you immediately put it in the freezer. This guarantees it to be a "dense" cake. Well, it was dense, and one of the most moist cakes I've ever eaten. Of course, you frost it with cream cheese frsoting and pecans. Yummo. My next endeavor is Italian Cream Cake. I'll wait til Sheila gets back to try that. Not that she'll eat it, she'll probably be on a diet. Maybe Mark will want some.
I have been going to the gym faithfully. At least 3 times a week. I hate it! It is not fun. I have managed to make my left arch super sore. What is it called.... plantar faciitis? Anyway, it hurts. So much for building strength. Here is something I learned today at ball aerobics....
If that doesn't make you laugh so hard tears run down your leg, I don't now what will. Guess Mom did know best when she warned us to never swallow it. Now we know why.
Guess I better sign off with that.




No comments:
Post a Comment