Sunday, March 23, 2014

OMG (Oh my goodness)

I have been running 90 miles an hour since I got home.  HOPEFULLY, I can blog later this week.  I finally got home, am swamped doing work for the Non Profit "LookoutForRichardson" (LFR) group.  I am treasurer.  They are killing me.  Meetings....deadlines...city appointments to schedule...on and on.

This past Friday, Gary invited Sheila and Mark to go with us to Fish City Grill, Gary's treat.  We had a great dinner, then headed to their house so we could practice darts.  See, they'd already invited us to their house Saturday for dinner and darts.  We practiced.  Yesterday, I worked all day on LFR work.  Then around 6pm for dinner, we headed to the Coles house.  We had a great dinner of spaghetti sauce with clam sauce, salad and bread.  Very good, of course.  Then we played a round robin type of dart game.  We played 3 games, changing partners each game, so that each of us played on a "team" with every other player.  We had a $10 pot.  Gary won that set of darts.  See, you got a point every time your team won.  Gary ended up with 2 points, the rest of us only had 1 each.  Then we played a heads up game.  Of course, that damned dart demon Sheila won that one.  Then we played a round of 99.  I won that with my skillful card playing. 

Wow, as I type, I'm getting ready to go to another LFR meeting.  This type with all contesters of a project the city is building that we are opposed to.  Then Monday, Sheila and I are going to put a name plate on the FWGA bench that was erected at the Firewheel golf course so we could put name plates up when one of our members dies.  Well, we got one made for Dawn Barns.  Tomorrow afternoon, I've got a doctors appointment.  My blood pressure is a mess right now.  No idea why... probably because I've gotten so fat on all the steroid doses I take.  I cannot sleep well when I take it, but boy can I eat.  They tell me I'm at maximum dosage on the medicine I'm taking.... so we're trying a diuretic (sp?).  Well, I don't think it's gonna help, cause I don't  think I'm holding water.  I haven't been peeing any more than usual.

Tuesday morning, Margie, Sheila, Gerry and I are going to Squaw Valley Golf Course and will be back Wednesday.  I'll take my camera, and hopefully get caught up when I return.  I have some good postings to make about Padre.

Later.....

No comments: