Here are a few pictures from Spring Break at North Padre Island. USS Lexington... aircraft carrier museum. This is what you do when it's too cold for the beach.
As they were about to call it a day, they observed dolphins leading one boat our of the harbor. Cool!
Then there were the sun filled days, but a wet suit helped with the temperature.
Even Stella loves the beach. Well, she was a lot happier on the beach than in the RV.
The reason we love North Padre National Seashore is because it is almost like you are all alone.
The girls were facinated with the birds that flew just inches above the water.
The fog started rolling in one day..... far off in the distance....
Within just a few minutes..... we were surrounded with fog... .and a FOGBOW...... that's half rainbow and half fog. We took tons of pictures of it, but none of the colors we saw with our eyes ever showed up in any of the pictures. It was AWESOME, to say the least.
My beautiful girls, Chloe and Stella and me.... enjoying the FOGBOW
One fun thing... Gerry, Margie, Sheila and I went to Glen Rose, TX for 2 days of golf on Tuesday. First day was a little cool and windy, no big deal. We had a fairly decent dinner at a place our friend Carlos took us once. I can't remember for sure, but something like Big Kup.... no... that's someplace else.... anyway, they're famous for their BIG BISCUITS.
Next morning, we are heading out and it starts to rain. We just called the proshop and canceled our tee time and headed home. Of course, we stopped at the Fried Pie store on the way. Peach, Apricot and Pecan fried pies for my house.
Then, the weather was bad here also. Lots of drama... but no rain. By the way, not a bad shot for an iphone 5.
Sheila is the tournament chairman for our ladies golf league this year, and I am her minion. We had our first tournament last Thursday. I thought my team did horrible.... we had 5 four putts, and we quit counting the sand shots and 3 putts. Every mistake like that added to a score that started out zero. A four putt was worth like 3 points. All told, we ended up with 38. First place team had 20 (damned Paula Yager), but several had 48 points. We actually ended up in 3rd place. Yippee.
Now, other than that, I am bored and depressed. I have no real reason, except I am a big fan of The Good Wife. They killed off the love interest (always wanting each other ever since college...she's now the govenors wife, and he gave her a job in his law firm..... they got together briefly, but she decided she needed to be on her own.. she left the practice.... they have been stealing each others clients and not getting along... they finally one day while he's in court.... they see that they really can be friends...... but that's the day it happened) of the lead female character. OMG! No one saw that coming. That was a week ago. I have been bummed ever since. I watched it last night, and it was another hour of me being pissed/sad that Will is gone from Alicia's life and my life as well.
I have also been getting estimates for getting my master bathroom remodeled. New tub, shower, counters and sinks came in at $20,000 and change. Ugh... who knew. Gary keeps telling me he wants to move to east Texas where it is not dry, as in drought conditions. I have an appointment with a realtor tomorrow to give me an idea of what I really need to have done to get top dollar. We won't put it on the market until we have all work done. That could be a few years. Nope, I forgot, Gary is not doing most of the work so it won't be that long. We'll be hiring the work done. Who knows. Once we get it on the market, we'll start looking for places to move to. I still don't think Gary realizes how much he's going to miss the grand daughters, who currently live 4 blocks away. As a matter of fact, Morgan spent the entire weekend here. Chloe had her first masked ball.... She came over to spend the night at 11:30 pm. Yup.... Papa went and picked her up at her request. Those two just love it here.
Oh my... I am definitely one proud grand mother. Did I tell you how I got my name, Mimi? Chloe was born with a cleft pallet (I don't think you can really tell, her nose is just a little crooked, but she has a beautiful smile...yeah). She had a little trouble speaking as a toddler, but thank goodness for speech lessons early... they do work. I would always say, come to Nana. Nana loves you. Where's Nana's girl? You get the drift. One day she calle me Meem. Well, that's what it sounded like. I worked with her over and over.... she would never utter Nana. Meem became Meemee.... and I now spell it Mimi. That is one of my proudest and most satisfying things in life... hearing one of my grand daughters call me Mimi. Ok, Ok, I'll move on.
Now then, I have officially updated everyone on my doings. I was supposed to play golf with Sheila on Wednesday, but the city of Richardson has selected that day for me to review records pertaining to the trash/garbage transfer station they are building down my street. Of course, we neighbors are fighting it, our organization is called LookOutForRichardson. It is on a street called Lookout. Hence, we decided the name. I do not think we can win but we are attempting to get them to modify their plans for the structure. I am treasurer, and they do keep me busy.
Thursday, I am taking my RV back to Sanger TX, because I found out on Spring Break that the TV antennae is NO LONGER CONNECTED TO THE REAR TV. I called them, they will have to take the bathroom apart to get to the connection box. Yup, that's where they worked after the wreck/blowout thingy on last years girls road trip. Hey, it's always something.
I am signing off for right now. Enjoy these videos....
It's not Rocket Science if you're a man.
Nothing Like a Mothers Love
Here's me at the gym with my trainer. Guess which one is me.
Just Call Me Slim.
Click here for my last item on this post....


No comments:
Post a Comment