Wednesday, September 10, 2014

DID I SAY HELLO ???

My what a busy life I have had lately.  I finally got settled in at home from my vacation.  Sheila was still in Canada, and I am her minion for the ladies golf league tournaments.  I picked up a few items there, one was the monthly tournament.  What a fiasco. One idiot lady caused a scene just before the tournament started, and ruined my golf game (that doesn't take much).  All in all, it was a fun tournament, but DAMN, I was glad when Sheila got home.  The tournament was on Thursday, and she got in late the day before.  I went over for about an hour after the golf tournament. We had a nice, but brief visit.

That was August 28th.   August 29th, Gary and I headed in the RV to Double Lake State Park, near Cold Springs, TX.  Yes, Gary went.  This was our very first trip with just the two of us in the RV.  We met my sister Janice and her hubby Mike.  They just purchased a new Winnie Minnie travel trailer, and were meeting up with some of Mike's biking buddies.  Double Lake has lots of biking trails.  That is what most people go for.  The "lake" is more like a 2-3 acre pond.  It is completely dry.  I laughed when I found out that the RV spot Mike got us was actually lake side and had a dock right out our back door.  I was there 2 days before Gary told me.  I don't know how he found it.  I just saw green over-grown grass when I looked in  that direction.

Gary and I both took our bikes, but Mike always takes two trail bikes.  He insisted Gary give his back-up bike a try.  They averaged 16 miles a day while they were there.  The trails are hilly and evidently extremely fun to ride.  Gary enjoyed himself.  I doubt he would have if he hadn't been using a real trail bike instead of his "city" bike.  Janice and I painted pictures while they biked.  One of the non-biking wives joined us the first day.  I only dabble in the hobby of painting, but I led the group in getting started on a vase of flowers based on a picture I found on (had my iphone) facebook.  I didn't take pictures of their artwork, but here is mine.  Not that great.... but hey, it is in acrylic and I had fun doing it with the other gals.


The second day, Janice and I took a video art lesson that she had purchased and had Mike download onto her computer.  It worked out a lot better.   It is a landscape of a tree on a misty morning.  I personally think it came out okay, but I will redo some of the main tree when I get a few spare minutes.  I think it is too clumpy.  But, overall, I am happy with the result.


We actually took Stella with us.  While Gary and Mike were riding the trails, I took Stella for a short bike ride in her trailer.... a contraption that I bought for my bike.  Stella doesn't hate it, and is pretty good about the whole thing, but I don't think she enjoys being tied in.  Hmmmm.  Oh well, I do it for my benefit, to be honest.  Here is a picture Angie took of me pulling her dogs in it, but she mainly got the trailer and Gary using his new iphone.

Angie and I decided this was more practical than one of those normal bike attachments that people carry kids in.  This one will carry an ice chest.  It was also only $99.

Anyway, it was a nice trip.  Gary even enjoyed it.  Got home, and our house was completely spotless.  Not one foot print on the carpet.  I called Angie and left a voice mail thanking her for the clean house.  Then I called Morgan.  I told her I had the best early birthday gift waiting for me at my house when I got home from our trip.  She asked what it was, and I told her it was a clean house.  She said "Oh, that."  I was thanking her, and asked what made them do such a nice thing.  She then said, "Do you want the truth or a couple of lies that will make you feel good?"  I opted for the truth, and she informed me that she and Chloe had a party at my house while we were gone.  I have always said that if they want to have their friends over to my house, they just have to make sure it's cleaned up before and after.  Angie supervised the cleaning, and each girl got to invite 3 friends over.  Chloe actually had 2 boys and one other girl over, and Morgan just had 3 girls over.  Angie said she also invited the parents over, and had 7 take her up on it.  Evidently, it was a great success. I have now offered to go out of town more often so they can have a party and clean my house.  Hey, it works for me.

Now, I know this isn't pertinent to you all, but I must share this.  I bought Chloe a fly-boarding Groupon, and she waited til just before it expired to schedule.  Of course, she could only get in the weekend while we were on our RV bike trip,  But, I want to show you how brave (maybe not so bright) she really is.  Here is a picture Angie took of her....

The engine of the watercraft in the picture with Chloe,  pushes water thru the hoses attached to her boots.  You can dive into the water, do flips, etc..  She said she only did one dive because it hurt her head when she would hit the water.  She did do flips and spins.  She did it for almost one hour (not counting training time) with her friend that she took.  She is something else.  Just had to share this.

A week ago Tuesday, Angie had free tickets for Sheila, Joyce, Chloe and I to go to the theater.  We had dinner dinner at Casa Milagro.  That is one of our favorite restaurants... great Mexican food.  After dinner, we headed to Fair Park to see...

As you can tell, we were in like row 5 or 6.  We were VERY close.  Thank you Angie.  We all enjoyed the night.  Poor Chloe didn't get home till 11ish and it was a school night, but she said it was worth it.

The next day, Sheila, Joyce and I headed to the Dallas Athletic Club (DAC) for our practice round of golf.  Sheila and I were in a 2 day golf tournament as a team.  Margie Storey and her friend Kayla, were also in the tournament, and they met us there for our practice round.  Joyce drove the cart for Sheila. Of course I didn't take many pictures, but I sort of took one of Sheila and Joyce.



We played golf, went home for a couple of hours, then we all went back to the course to enjoy a Casino themed party.  We had a great dinner, it was a multiple choice... seafood, beef, chicken, multiple salads and desserts.  Afterwards, we all played Casino games.  I played Craps to start out with, then moved to Black Jack.  I stayed fairly even all night, then bet my $2000 (funny money) on my last Black Jack hand.  Of course, I went bust.  However, I did get to enjoy Elvis.  Well, everyone did.


Yes, the picture is blurry, but Margie emailed to it me. Over all... Sheila and I sucked at golf.  We "sorta" had fun.  I mean, we paid $310 each to enter the event, then we came in last in our flight.  It is sort of difficult to have a lot of fun when you are not winning.

Last Sunday was Angie's 14th wedding anniversary with Eric. Morgan and Chloe wanted to cook them a surprise dinner, at my house.  Morgan came over at 9:30 am.  She started by baking a batch of cup cakes, from scratch.  Then, there was chicken to marinade, salad to make, and she wanted to make homemade heart shaped pasta.  GASP!  It took all day, but she got it done.  I mainly helped with the pasta.  That girl can bake and grill like a pro.  All in all, it was a great success.  Chloe made an appetizer... baked Brie with pineapple-apricot-pecan toppings.  The entire meal cost me $100, but it did include 3 bottles of wine.

Eric and Angie were served in the dining room, with candle light (they kept going out).  Chloe was the waitress, and Morgan did the wine and main entree serving.  Here are a few pictures...


 Coffee for after dinner

 Grilled chicken with Hatch Poblano Cream Sauce


My beautiful grand daughters, Chloe and Morgan.

Choco-wine.

Cesear Salad

Oops.... cupcakes got eaten before I got a picture.  They spelled out "Angie Eric 9-7-2001


Baked Brie



Everyone loved it.  And Gary did his part... he washed dishes after the meal.  (NOTE - I did it as Morgan created messes.)

Monday was a blah day, then Tuesday, I went to the doctor (I'll BLOG about that later), then met Joyce and Sheila and Gerry at Friday's restaurant.  We had dinner, then went to see the movie...


We all four really liked the movie.  It is one of those "feel good" movies.  The credits were almost as long as the movie.

I came home and went to bed.  Then at 2:30 this morning, I was wide awake.  Soooooo.... I took a valium in hopes I'd be able to go back to sleep.  No such luck.  Finally, I got up to update the blog.  Here it is about 6:15, and I've given up going back to sleep.  I am going to get up and clean up the bedroom and bathroom.  Today, the contractors are supposed to come tear out the master bath shower.  Guess I'll start a pot of coffee first.

Later, and I hope you have a great day.

No comments: