Tuesday, January 27, 2009

GERRY's MAH JONG PARTY

Gerry had us all over for Mah Jong Monday, and she provided drinks and food.
Here's the gang....
Gerry, Sheila, Margie, Sue, and Me
$3.00 person to play for the trophy.
Like Texas holdum.... you run out of money, the game is over.

We started drinking at 10:00 am, and snacking as well.
I had a doctor's appointment, but Margie arrived shortly before I had to leave.
I went back AFTER my doctor's appointment.
(I'm sure my breath impressed him!)

The food was not quite what I expected. Here's what was on the menu.

chips, pretzels, crackers
lemon cake
shrimp cheese ball
cheese-pecan cheeseball
jalapeno spinach dip
jalapeno poppers
teriyaki chicken
chocolate ganche "bomb"
(she forgot to serve the meatballs she made)
Bud Light with Lime (very good!)
wine
Brandy Alexander's


I personally thought she'd have gone to a little extra effort, but nope..... she just served her same basic every day snacks.

The game was fierce, lasting till early evening.


Sheila (I am sooo jealous) won the trophy. I was probably 2nd place.... lost by about $.60, which was the closest I've ever gotten to holding the damned trophy.
Yes, it is ugly, but oh so hard to win!

3 comments:

janice said...

Welcome Back welomce back...Sue!(theme song to Welcome Back Kotter)

janice said...

ooophs! mis-spelled word

janice said...

And then Connie said Hey, I have a great idea