Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to Normal (our version of it)

Wednesday, Gary T and I played golf at Firewheel instead of with the phone league. We played the old course. We got hooked up with a man from Nice, France, who spoke very little english. We speak even less french, so we were really hurting for things to say. We did learn that BRAVO is a good word to use when someone makes a good shot. We figured out that his wife works for TI, and she was in a meeting this week at TI. I tried to call Sue and Clay so they could talk to the guy and see if they knew his wife..... alas, all efforts there failed.
Yesterday, I took Dad to the hospital to have his pace maker replaced. We had to be there at six am, so I didn't get much sleep.

They gave us the old pace maker, even though we didn't ask for it. Here's a picture, in case you're wondering what it looks like. Remember, the wires stay attached to the heart, and the pace maker is just under the skin on the upper chest. I put a nickle by it so you can get an idea of the size.

The operation only lasted about an hour, and we were home around 2pm. He slept most of the day, but did manage to fall out of bed last night, trying to turn on the light. Angie and her family came over for dinner last night. Gary did most of the cooking. I just made fettucine alfredo, and he grilled veggies, etc. We had to move a praying mantis off the hummingbird feeder cause it was keeping the birds from getting there. Guess they're afraid of it.

Today, I've found his cane. He is just too wobbly to do anything. I hope that passes. He's had several near falls, even with the cane.

Tomorrow, I play golf with the FGA, and attempt to secure a spot on the Horseshoe Bay team. I was 5 away from going, according to Gary T. After that, I have my couples tournament. Chloe is here right now, and she's going to help me clean my room, and some cabinets in the kitchen. She's gotta earn money to pay her cell phone charges for the month.

Later.....

No comments: