Thursday, August 19, 2010

Monday at Cripple Creek

Frank has an 81 Corvette that he keeps in storage. He got it out, had it tuned up, etc., all so he could take the girls on a drive. We flipped a coin, and Morgan got to ride up to Cripple Creek with him. She learned that if you keep one arm out of the window for an hour, you get a severe sun burn in only 60 minutes. We took a quick tour of Cripple Creek, then the girls went to get ice cream, and I went to Midnight Rose Casino.

There, I learned the secret of winning at slots. I “borrowed” $20 from Angie, cause I wouldn’t do an ATM there. She sat beside me and we played GOLD FISH. She lost money, and left. She came some time later, saw my credits, hit the cash out option button, gave me $20 more and left. Later, she came back and saw my credits, and did the cash out option and gave me $20 again. Frank came in, I loaned him some money, he lost, then left.
Finally, Angie came in and said enough is enough. She cashed me out, and we went to cash in my tickets. Total? $351. I was amazed. So, if you want to win at slots, take Angie. She will keep you in check.
We started home, and along came a rain/hail storm, before we could even get out of Cripple Creek. Frank is pretty persnickety about his vette, and sure enough, he found a church with a covered entry, and we sat the hail and rain out. Poor Chloe, it was her turn in the vette, and she had to keep her window rolled up, Angie and I saw some of the most beautiful scenes. We took maybe 100 pictures, maybe it was 1000. The rainbows moved with us as we drove. The pictures just don't do them justice.



We went to Papa Murphy’s and got a pizza. We ate, and we were all so exhausted that we went to bed early.

No comments: