Ok, I know I'm not a raving beauty and I know I'm not built like a brick shit house. But I am still hot. I mean really hot. Yup, my air conditioner went out. It went out Saturday evening. I had noticed Friday afternoon (Gary can't hear certain noises) that it was squealing every now and then, so on Friday, I called the air conditioning company. I made an appointment for early next week, as his work load permitted. He mentioned how lucky I was it wasn't out, cause it cost a fortune on weekends... time and a half. Yeah I said.
Well, I used all my luck up in Cripple Creek. It went out around 5:30pm, yesterday. We are dog sitting for Angie, so we have her dogs Coco and Annie here. Coco is crated, but Annie sleeps with someone. So, in the heat of the night (that would be a good title for a TV show, don't you think?) I am trying to sleep with a long haired doxin. Gary is sleeping on the living room floor, and Dad is in his room. Every hour, I'd have a crying dog. She would get in bed with me, then get too hot and start crying. I'd put her on the floor on the tile. She'd go to sleep, for maybe 30 minutes, then she'd cry to get back in bed. What a long night. Honestly, it never got above 85. I closed all the curtains and we kept the doors closed.
Today, it got too hot for me. Gary decided it'd be better to go buy window units that go to a hotel. (??????) He said we'd probably need spares in the future. Now, we've lived her 11 years and never needed one til now, so I am confused by his logic. Anyway, I'm in my bedroom with my air conditioner, and Dad's in his room with his air conditioner. Gary will be in shortly, he's still picking up tools etc. from the installs.
That's it for now. What a crappy excuse for a weekend.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment