Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fab Five Christmas Party

FAB FIVE CHRISTMAS PARTY

2010

SUE'S HOUSE





Back Row Connie, Sue, Gerry, Margie, Sheila

Front Row Frosty, Sheila's Buddy


Today was our annual Christmas party for the Fab Five. We met at Sue's, where she provided us munchies, drinks, a pear/goat cheese/bacon salad with fresh dressing, and I will call it cream of broccoli soup which she kicked up a notch by using red pepper. It was soooo good. Pretty also, but I failed to take a picture. Bad me! Gerry was the only one that was delegated to bring something. We convinced her (Margie, Sheila and I) to bake her famous Almond Joy Chocolate Cake. It is to die for. I had two pieces, and I may not have been the only one to do that. Gerry also brought dried okra. I don't know how to describe it. Just try it yourself..... Tom Thumb carries it. I was the only one that didn't like it at all. Margie loved it...... those people from Louisiana are like that about their okra.

We started out playing four handed Mah Jongg without Margie. She came in late because she had another Xmas luncheon to attend. Sheila made up for not winning the other day, and she cleaned up. I lost $2.25, and I NEVER won a hand. Sheila won the trophy, but that's okay, cause she needs to add another engraving block. We have run out of room.

When Margie got there, she and Gerry played as a team. Margie is the newest player, and is not a fairly good play, just still not sure of herself. I got tired of losing money, so we took a break and opened gifts. We all had drawn names previously for our gift swap.

First up, Shela opened her gift from Sue. Her very own snowman. Finally, someone she is taller than.

I think it was Sue up next.

Margie got her a Fire Pot.

Next Gerry got her gift from Sheila.

She had two items. I can't remember the first, but she also got wine.

I got Margie's name. When we had our ladies golf league gift swap, I got a crappy ugly purse. No one tried to steal it from me. The five of us laughed, because it was obviously a re-gifted item. Sooooo, to play a joke on Margie, I gave it to her as a gift. I also put a shoe bag, golf visor, golf glove, and two Coors camouflage beer holders inside the ugly purse.

I honestly thought Margie would throw a fit. All she said was that she'd keep everything else, but she didn't want the ugly bag. I tried to convince her I misunderstood her and thought she'd said she wanted it. She didn't say too much else, but was very gracious, though maybe a little cool to me.

Then it was my turn. Gerry got my name. I got a beautiful ceramic item, that you can burn a candle in, and though Christmas themed, the blue color would make it usable all year long. Just beautiful.

I brought everyone a Starbucks Creme Liquor gift set. I really impressed them..... cause it normally costs $23 for the booze alone, and I got it and a cup for a real bargain. Margie surprised every except me with a their own Fire Pot. I already had one, so she gave me golf balls, and my favorite brand at that.

I finally broke down after that and gave Margie the real gift I brought her.

Ta-da! A cordless electric wine opener with wine chiller. I was redeemed, and she smiled at me.

She was happy..... finally. I also let her keep everything except the purse. I took it back.

Margie and I were the party poopers. I got tired and left after only 5 hours. Not sure about Gerry and Sheila. I came home to find Gary, Angie, Morgan, and Chloe playing Sorry, the board game. Gary ultimately one, and he is NOT a good winner. He hasn't lost yet, and he doesn't let anyone forget it.

The girls opted to stay here and eat dinner with me. Chili. Their favorite. They passed up going to Black Eyed Pea with Gary and Dad, and with their Mom. Not sure what she was having. Chloe and I got to watch 2 NCIS shows together. We were both elated, cause one of them was brand new.

Nothing else exciting, and nothing exciting in my future. Do go back to the surgeon on Thursday. That is exciting for me. I am going to ask about starting golf again. Course, it probably won't be before Xmas. Later.......






































































No comments: