One of the most recent things he did to aggravate me.....he tried to explain why raising the national debt limit would not make us owe more money. Am I just stupid? My son-in-law found this informative little video..... I had to share.
http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/craig-bannister/obama-raising-debt-ceilingdoes-not-increase-our-debt-though-it-has-over
Let me get off my soap box..... It just infuriates me because I cannot understand his thinking. I'll end this subject with one observation....
WHEN YOU ARE DEAD, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT YOU ARE DEAD. IT IS DIFFICULT ONLY FOR OTHERS.
IT IS THE SAME WHEN YOU ARE STUPID !
This has been a very productive....busy week. Monday was my stay in bed and be sick day.... too much amoxicillin. Tuesday I went o see the Rhumatologist. I have graduated from seeing him every 2 months to every 6 months. Yipee!
I came home from the doctor and loaded up my car with painting supplies. Sheila, Joyce and I decided we'd do acrylic painting one more time. (Joyce and I prefer oils) Our plan was to paint a beach scene. The two of them used one picture as a guide, and I used another for my color guide. It's funny how we each come up with our own color combo, however that is what makes them unique. The canvas I purchased had a picture outline already on it of trees and beach, which the two of them sort of used. I painted over my drawing and went free style but tried to keep the basic pieces in my picture. I was the happiest I'd been with any of mine out of all the acrylics I've done before. I still don't like acrylics, but it is what it is.... fast drying so Joyce can get hers home without waiting forever for it to dry, like oils. Basically, though, everyone was basically satisfied with theirs. Sheila is rapidly progressing.
Wednesday, I played golf at Heritage Ranch. Margie drove Gerry and me there. None of us were on the same team. Unfortunately for my team, I was the A player, with an 18 handicap. I haven't played enough to be able to shoot my handicap, so I apologized at the start and told them our main objective was going to be to have fun, cause we were not going to win any prizes if it required me to play well. My three team mates had like twenty something handicaps. We did have fun. We joked, and enjoyed our day. Heck, I even drank beer while we played. I was hitting my driver well, and my irons were sporadic, but my putting was what it usually is..... two putts per hole. We managed to come in at 2 under par. We were in the middle flight. Ready for this? We came in second place with our 2 under... beat out of first place by a 5 under, but we each got $20. We were all really pleasantly surprised. Evidently we played better than any of us thought. Margie came in 3rd place in her flight, and if I remember correctly, Gerry's team didn't finish in the money. However, we all won at least one raffle prize. I won a dozen Srixon golf balls. I can't remember what they won from the raffle, but either Gerry or Margie won two raffle prizes. Lunch was fun, then, we headed home.
I rested for a very few minutes, then it was off to Shogun for Morgan's birthday dinner. She has eaten there every birthday for the past 5 years. We all enjoy the chef cooking our dinner table side on the grill. We were with one other couple. They were lots of fun, and by the end of the dinner, no one would have known we'd just met them. They participated in the entire birthday fun, joking and talking with all of us.
After dinner and a birthday song with her fried ice cream ball, we came home. She had asked for a scooter. Angie told her we'd bought her a pair of orange and green sneakers. She and her Mom discussed how she really was disappointed, but she "pretend" she liked them. She was very quiet on the way home.Gary went to get the "sneakers", and really surprised her with the scooter. This picture is blurry, but the birthday gift ended up being a great surprise that generated too much enthusiasm for sitting still. We finally got her to take it outside.
It got a really good workout. Even I tried it.
| The Birthday Girl..... Morgan.... now 11 years old! |
Thursday, I actually played golf with the FWGA ladies. I played terrible..... just barely broke 100.
The only good thing about my golf was the fact that I was with a fun group, which included Sheila. She played really well, shooting an 82. After golf, she picked up Joyce, and then they ate lunch with Gerry and Margie at the club house. I didn't eat cause I was going to the doctor, but I stayed and drank the wine that Margie was buying for everyone. As always, we gossiped and got caught up on what had been going on with everyone. The four of us hadn't been together since Gerry got back from Ruidoso.
I went to the doctor after that, and he's started me on some pro-biotics, hoping to counter the problems the amoxicillan has caused me. I started that today. If it doesn't clear up in a week, then I'll start steroids for a week. One of the two should get me back where I was. Dang, I've got Glen Rose coming up, I can't afford to be ill. I'll just follow up with him in a few weeks if I am not cured.
Came home and was pooped, so I was chillin' out when Chloe came over. She was talking non-stop. She was in a great mood. Gary was leaving to watch Morgan's softball game, so Chloe and I went to Casa Millagro's for dinner. I had margarita's and enchilada's, and have since decided I am an idiot for not remembering how much stomach trouble I've been having. Oh well..... I've been good all day today. She stayed til almost 8:30, when her mom came and picked her up. I do enjoy it when the grand kids come over for "just a visit". They don't need anything, or whatever, they just drop in for a few minutes. Morgan's team, by the way, won their match.... something like 16-4. Looks like they may have another great season.
That's it for now. It started raining last night, fairly heavy, then it sprinkled all night long. It's been raining softly or else super overcast all day long. Needless to say, Stella is hovering next to me. She hates rain. Well, to say she's terrified would be a better description. She will not eat or drink on rainy days. I think she's figured out that if she doesn't, she won't have to go outside and potty so often.
Nothing else exciting to blog about. I have a couples golf tournament tomorrow night, and then Sunday, the gang will come over here for dinner and football. Later.....

No comments:
Post a Comment