Thursday, October 31, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEE..........

This past week flew by.  My, but I've been busy.  I honestly thought I'd posted a blog, but alas, I hadn't.  I did have it written.... while I was waiting on the RV... no wi-fi, so I put it in a word document.  I'm now entering the "cut and paste" mode.

Had a great weekend.  I ran my last Couples Tournament at Firewheel Saturday night, with my co-hostess, Chloe.  She is a very mature 14 year old.  Well, more like a 60 year old in some ways.  She is my bookworm granddaughter.   Morgan, 11 years old, is my internet specialist.  That girl could figure out how to get my birth weight in a matter of minutes.  As Angie and I say…. Want to know stuff, take Chloe.  Want to survive in the dessert, then Morgan is your choice.  She definitely thinks outside the box.

I had purchased gift baskets from the Diamonds in the Rough golf tournament in Ft. Worth.  There were two, which had wayyyyyyy too many items.  Angie came over and we ended up creating 4 gift baskets.  We had a beer themed basked, a wine basket, and two other food gift baskets.  All but the wine included several cook books to match the theme.  I took the prize money on this tournament, and payed 1st, 5th and 9th place.  I then took the secondary prize money and included it in the raffle.  That was only $30, but was very popular.  I guess the putter was the most popular.  Everyone got something, and the big raffle winner got 3 food gift baskets.  That was all she put tickets in on.  She definitely wanted one of those.
Chloe spent the night with us, and then Sunday morning, she, Gary and I got up and drove to Sanger to pick up the RV.  They have an RV park right behind the repair place, and they had parked the RV there for me.  Our plan was for me to do a final inspection, then give them the almost $5,000 and take it home Monday morning.  Well, so much for the best laid plans.  The first thing you do when you get to an RV site, is level it, then hook up the electric and the sewer and water.  Just a reminder….. the biggest problem was the wiring and the sewer holding tank and associated connections were ripped out by the blown tire.  Well, there is no way I could connect the sewer.  The connection was put in too far to one side, and the hose cannot make contact with the pipe. 
We decided to go out and eat.  We found a Mexican restaurant, Miguelito’s, and guess who picked it?  Right, Chloe.  I got tortilla soup, Chloe got fajita nachos, and Gary ordered Talapia.  Chloe and I loved our food.  Gary hated his wouldn’t eat it.  I didn’t like it either.  Tasted like swamp thang…. Gone bad.  We came back and played Hand and Foot.  Gary was so aggravated cause Chloe won.  She had 11,000 something.  That’s our new record.  I don’t have the paper with me, so I honestly, no really, don’t know who came in second.  I will have to find the paper in the RV soon, cause Chloe wants it documented that she now holds the high round record.  She’s so proud that she took it away from her mom, Angie.

Gary and Chloe decided to go ahead and head back home.  No toilet connections made for a long evening.  I was parked about 2 blocks from the toilet.  Trust me, I had a long night.  Anyway, when they got home, Gary called to tell me they would NOT come back during the night, so to be safe.  I 35 northbound, was shut down from Denton to Lewisville.  It was a projected 3 hour delay getting thru that area.  I, thank goodness, managed to make it thru the night without any trouble.  Well, that is unless you count the 500 trains that blow their whistle as they pass, or the high volume traffic noise from I 35.  I did not sleep well.  When you’re awake, you tend to have to go to the bathroom several times.  Not only that, it was cold last night.  It was 51 degrees this morning at 6:30 when the alarm went off.
I am currently at the repair shop.  They are attempting to fix the two problems I found.  If they can get that done, then I’ll head back to the RV park and check out the holding tanks.  I plan on filling the black and grey tanks (black is toilet water, grey is sink and shower water) by filling them with water, then dumping them.  See, there are gauges that tell you how full they are.  That’s important to know when you’re traveling, because if they are full, that’s a lot of additional weight.  Also, if the sewer gets full and isn’t dumped, it could overflow into the bathroom if you hit a bump, etc. 

When I got here, I asked for the man that worked on the sewer connections.  He came out, and I asked him if he would look at the connection, and in his opinion, tell me if it even looked like it was on straight.  He never answered me, but went and got a man to come out and look at it.  I offered to get the connection hose out for him to try it, and he said it wasn’t necessary.  I am sitting here in the showroom, which they opened up for me (I got here at 7:30, and they don’t open up til 9:00) so I could watch TV.  There is no internet, so I’m typing this into word, and will cut and paste it when I find wi-fi someplace. 
I also butt dialed Margie early this morning…. Thank you Apple….. at least it only butt dials the last number dialed, or someone in your address book.  She was already up, so at least I didn’t ruin her day.  I have got to start shutting down the phone app when I finish a call.  That doesn’t always work, so I now must remember to lock the phone when I finish using the phone app.  It will still, of course, open up the phone app at random when I unlock the phone, but maybe I can keep on top of that issue. 
Nothing much else going on.  I am hoping to be able to get home tonight.  If they can’t finish it up today, I’ll call Gary and have him come get me.  He’ll have to do it, cause I have Chloe’s school project in the RV.  She brought it with her to finish up.  She did a water color painting that demonstrated 1 and 2 dimension vanishing points. 
Oops, they’re here to vacuum the carpet.  Gotta move.
Here again, but it’s Thursday (yes Sheila, I checked the calendar).  They fixed the black water connection problem.  I ended up having to buy a new connector hose ($50) because the heavy duty Rhino would not fit correctly.  Just like me… too fat.  Retested it, and everything was workingThey also said they thought my tires were showing unusual cracking…. Becoming brittle.  I told them I’d have them checked when I got home.  .  I came back home and pretty much did nothing Tuesday.  Just too pooped. 

Tuesday night, Sheila, Margie and Gerry took me to Top Golf for golf and dinner as a birthday treat.  We had a ball.  Especially Gerry.  Margie, Sheila and I had all been there before, but not Gerry.  She loved the set up.  I only had one complaint….. we played two different games, and they didn’t let me win at anything.  Happy Birthday to me??????  Oh well, the food and company were great fun. 
Wednesday, I decided to get busy.  Gary wanted to see the new sewer (black water) connection.  As we were looking at it, I noticed that the wheel well wasn’t connected like it should be.  It wasn’t bolted to the frame.  I called them, and they answer I got?  The guy probably didn’t know how it was supposed to be connected.  WTF?  I asked why they had an inexperienced person working on it alone.  Well, duh!  I realized it would do me no good to argue.  So I made an appointment to have it repaired Friday.

I then decided I wasn’t able to get enthused about cleaning it, and went to the tire store.  Well, more bad news.  One tire is classified as not sate at all.  They contacted Michilin, and they are replacing it for free.  Another tire, that had excessive cracking (caused by too much sun and no enough driving to keep them waxing), needed to be replaced.  They paid for all but $115.  That’s not bad for two tires, mounting, taxes, etc.  The bad part is they had to order the tires.  Ok, but do they think I could drive it to Sanger on Friday?  Nope, to unsafe.  Sooooo, I rescheduled the appointment to Monday.  In discussing all this with Sheila, I realized that I was one day ahead of the real day.  Long story short, I claimed a senior moment, as I’m now really old. 

I did spend yesterday (Wednesday) cleaning the inside of the RV.  When we had the tire trouble and Gary picked up the RV, we took almost everything out of the RV.  The air compressor, jack, anything that we thought might seem valuable enough to steal.  I had to put all that back in.  We’d also taken out all of the dishes that weren’t necessary when we first packed for the trip.  Hey, we had to pack enough junk for 3 weeks.  I had to wash all that and put it back.  I shampooed the carpets, moped, cleaned the inside from top to bottom.  It is spotless, on the inside only.  I decided not to wash it since I’ll be driving to Sanger again on Monday.  I’ll wash the outside after that, then put it in storage.
Yesterday was Eric’s (son-in-law) birthday.  We treated him and the rest of the family to dinner at Brio’s.  OMG!  Talk about one spoiled granddaughter.  Morgan likes their steaks, and usually orders their artichoke steak medallions.  They’re $27.  She decided to go with filet mignon, and ordered it with catsup.  I think Eric got the same thing, but they got their plates mixed up, and Morgan ended up with the medium and he got the medium rare.  They were melt in your mouth delicious.  Morgan ate all of her steak except 2 bites without catsup.  She loved it.  Maybe she’ll start ordering it that way.  She likes it red, but not bleeding.  Instead of eating dessert there, we went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert. 
Got there and decided we’d get out desserts to go, and eat them on the patio because the weather was so great, and then we could just take our leftovers and head out whenever we were ready.  We stood in front of the case that holds the cheese cakes, and there were 3 people behind the counter, but they ignored us for about 5 minutes.  I went to the cashier and asked how we were supposed to get served.  She said to go to the register.  Well crap, it is right next to the case.  I told them we wanted some orders to go.  She said what do you want.  I told her we had questions.  She rolled her eyes at me and gasped.  I told her if it was too much trouble to get the manager to help us.  She SAUNTERED the three feet to the case, and I told her I liked dark chocolate and was asking about the various cakes when she turned to the other cashier and again rolled her eyes.  I got soooo pissed.  I asked if she had something wrong with her eyes that cause them to roll every time I spoke to her.  She refused to look at me, and said just tell her what I want.  I told her never mind, it appeared to be too much trouble, I’d go somewhere else.  Of course, the rest of the family headed out the door.  I spoke to the manager and left.  We had no birthday cake.  I did tell everyone we’d go to the one at Firewheel on Friday, while Angie was at work and we’d be hungrier.  Everyone except Chloe was good with that.  We headed back to the house, and everyone had ice cream and we sang happy birthday to Eric.
Today, I worked on the garage.  Even Gary tried.  It is over whelming, so say the least.  They called about the tires a few minutes ago, so I’m once again blogging in word because there’s no wi-fi here.  I also have a neighborhood meeting at 6:30, so I may not get it posted until later tonight, but that in on my agenda. 
I have no other plans for the weekend.  I’ve decided to break down and go to the gastro doctor once again.  I am not 100% where I was before I took antibiotics, and I am sick and tired of the gut issues.  I am hoping he can once again get me on track.  That’s it for my exciting life.  Later…. Have a great day.

Friday, got the tires replaced.  Saturday, one of them went flat.... but Gary fixed it.  They had gotten one of the valve extenders on cockeyed and the air leaked out.  GASP!  Here is a picture of them working on it.
 
 Friday evening, good to my word, Eric, Morgan, Chloe, Gary and I headed to find the Cheesecake Factory at Firewheel Center.  Well, Angie was wrong.... there isn't one there.  The girls chose the Toll House Cookie place.  Gawd.... super sweet.  I opted for a crepe because Morgan wanted to see then cook it.  She was not impressed, 






 
Back to the present......
I have had 83 trick or treaters already, and it's only 6:53pm.  Wow.  Most of them are hispanic, and they come in packs.  It's the poorer people, from some other part of town, but I don't care.  They are all polite and always say thank you.  I actually had several older teenagers, and ready for this????  I actually had one guy that was balding... but he had on makeup, he was a KISS band member.  Hey, at least he's not out stealing candy from the kids.  Yes, no questions asked, I just gave him candy.

Chloe is sick, has been for several days.  She is in an honors type of school.  It is a new concept.... project based learning.  They have to work as a team on their project.  Chloe as the lead for her group.  Their assignment was "life on the moon".  She got two awards for her solar powered car.... one for fastest, and she tied with another car for that record.  So, they gave her an award for most reliable, because the other car only ran on 1 of the 2 days of testing.  yeah team Chloe. 
We went to her presentation.  The entire school did their presentations at the same time.  It was like going to a home and garden show at the stadium.  They had rock music at some stations, all had free snacks "if" you voted for them.  Each family entering he presentation got 5 tokens to vote with.  Only stipulation, you could not give any one team more than one token.  Chloe has been sick ever since the presentation, so I don't know how she did in that catageory, but there were only 10 tokens between us and her family.  Here are some interesting pictures from her presentations shin-dig.
 This is a classroom.  Note, no book cases, etc.  Everything is done on their ChromeBooks that are provided by the school.  There are only 150 students in each grade level. 

Check out the menu and prices.....
  Remember how they say schools are not serving junk fook now.... well....



Here's the self serve smoothie and coffee bar..
 Here is where the full meals are served..

Angie took her to the doctor today, and she doesn't have an infection, but her throat is red and per the doctor.... she had the crud.  Just has to get past it.  Oh well, at least it's nothing serious.  Morgan is in 7th heaven.  She had a pitching clinic tonight, but her dad finally rescheduled it so she could go trick or treating with Gary.  He was glad also, cause he's gone with one or both girls every year since they've been born.  He wears a mask.  Gosh, I'm sure that surprises you.... yeah right.  Stella and I are holding down the fort here.  She loves to go to the door.  She is always hoping I drop some candy.  So far, she's had two small Hershey bars.  She LOVES Halloween.
The only other new thing is that Monday morning, Margie and I go enroll in a month of Curves exercise classes.  That's what Margie got me for a birthday present.  She is like me... hates to exercise, and she's hoping that the two of us together will keep it interesting for at least a month.  Lord knows, I need to lose some weight.
I'm going to close for now and post this.  I have pictures from this past week that I haven't posted, but Gary has my camera.  The ones I did post were from my iPhone.  You all have a good evening... I am.


No comments: