Wednesday, February 19, 2014

IN LOVE WITH MY OLD COMPUTER

First of all, I FINALLY got my old PC back from Fry's repair center in California.  They ended up replacing the screen display cable (I am trying to break the habit of carrying it by the lid) and also the mother board,  I was sooooo happy to get rid of that battery sucking windows 8 Toshiba.  I had problems getting the clock to stay set.... kit kept going back to April ;2010 12:45:01:am.... guess that's when it was born.  I took it into the store first thing this morning and they set an option and it fixed it.  They were going to show me how they did it, but the screen they used never showed the button once it was set.  I didn't care... it works.  The problem with it was the fact that because it was a 2010 year, none of my software certificates would validate.

Now, to bring you up to speed.  The Saturday after Valentines Day, we went to Picaso's with the Coles and Angie's family.  Yes, I took my camera.  No, I didn't take any pictures.  I think the wine was bad, cause it made me forget!  We were there a couple of hours.  Had a grand time.  Then, we came home and played some cards.  I never won, but I probably had more fun than anyone else.  Sunday, I did nothing.  But, I had to get rested so I could play golf with Mark and Sheila on Monday, President's Day.... a banking holiday so Mark was off.

Well, we had a 12:35 tee time, and it was packed.  The weather was really nice, and because of that and the holiday, everyone and their dog was there.  We had two fivesomes in front of us.  What is a fivesome?  It's five golfers that slow down everyone behind them.  UGH!  Well, Sheila walked and Mark and I rode.  Oh, we started out with beer on the first hole.  See, when I drink beer I always have to go "pee" all the time.  There is NOT a bathroom on the back 9, so we decided I should drink on the front nine.  Hey, it worked for me.  We also played a game.  Heads up golf for Sheila and me, and Mark got 2 strokes on every hole.  Well, I have a higher handicap than Sheila... so I had to try really hard to play against her, and with Mark getting 2 strokes a hole, he was tough also.  Then we also played putts.  Okay, if I lost everything, I would only lose $6.  The results are as follows...

Front                                Score               Putts
Sheila                                 49                   15
Connie                                50                  20
Mark                                  49                   25
Back
Sheila                                 44                     16
Connie                               47                    17
Mark                                 43                    24
Total                                
Sheila                                 93                   31
Connie                               97                    37
Mark                                 92                    49

Yup, I lost every frigging leg of the game.  Not only that, we had one long drive and Mark won that.  It just wasn't my day.  As you can tell from Mark's score.... he could have won it all if he'd putted a little better.  He did start trying really hard the last few holes, and he did improve.  Oh well, they bought me another beer.  I did take a couple of pictures... if you can't play good golf... take pictures, right?

As you can see by the pictures, it was a beautiful day to play golf.



 Here's a picture of Mark... it was a great day to be on the beach... I mean on the sand....



Tuesday morning I got my hair cut.  Tuesday afternoon, I got my eyes checked again.  I had gone to Sheila's eye doctor, but I preferred my old doctor.  The only reason I tried Sheila's was because she really liked him, and my doctor is always late, and you have to wait about 3 hours to see him.  Well, Tuesday, it was only a 2 hour wait to get in.  I was told by Sheila's eye doctor that a red place on my left eye was just a clogged tear duct.  Well, I've been doing drop for months, and it hasn't gotten better.  I was told Tuesday that I have an eye infection, probably caused by allergies.  I got some medicine that cost $90 for a tube that is almost 1 inch long.  Crap... I hope it clears it up.  I am supposed to use it for 4 days, then move to refrigerated eye drops, as both eyes are extremely inflammed.  Yup, my chronic inflammation is now in my eyes as well as the rest of my body.  Came home and made Gary and I some sweet and sour shrimp, Spring Rolls, fried rice, and an Asian chopped salad.  I picked up my PC after dinner, and played with it the rest of the night.

The ringing phone woke me up this morning, it was Chloe wanting Papa to take her to school.  She doesn't usually ask me unless Papa can't take her.  See, he takes her to Chick-Fil-A for chicken breakfast biscuits.  I had a dental appointment, but took the PC in to get it fixed on my way.  Then I got another veneer replaced.  Long story, too long and boring to repeat... but when you have a quack for a dentist and he redoes all your teeth.... they don't last.  After that, I came home and played with the PC again.  Oh, the  reason?  I deleted everything from it before I sent it in for repair.  Did that til it was time to go to physical therapy.  Came home from that and fixed smoked pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, corn and green beans. Gary was in 7th heaven.  Two good meals in a row.  Tomorrow my schedule is clear, so I probably won't cook.  That'll show him.

I say I'm off tomorrow, but I half expect the group that's raising cain against the city because of the new building they're building... will call me and tell me I have something due yesterday.  I forwarded my research results on the zoning ordinances, and they forwarded it to the lawyer to review.  I cannot submit it to the city til the lawyer says it's everything I need, including time lines that I have yet to be told of.  It is frustrating, to say the least.  Oh well, it is what it is.

My bedroom TV broke, seems to not be getting power.  Gary and I took it apart, and it only has two parts.  A power board, and a mother board.  I say it's the mother board because it does light up, just no picture or sound.  He thinks it's the power board because the light shows it has power, but it never clicks when you push the button... as a matter of fact, the light is always lighted.  Well, the parts alone, without shipping cost more than a new TV,  which is really pathetic.  So.... Gary made an executive decision... he ordered the cheaper part of the two... the power supply board.  If that doesn't fix it, we'll just buy a new one.  Now.... if anyone reading this understands the login in that thought.. PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME.  I can buy a new 46 inch TV for $381 with 3 HDMI inputs at Sam's for $381 (my old TV is 47 inches... but whatever..).  The part cost almost $100 with shipping.  Oh well, I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm going to spend the rest of my evening watching the Olympics.
GO USA!

No comments: