Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Gangs All Here (once again)

I haven't blogged, because not a danged thing has happened.  Well, not really.  Sheila and Mark went to Utah to spend some time with the Dunsmores.  The Dunsmores rented a place in Utah for a month so they could enjoy the skiing.  Yup, Clay officially retired.  Guess they're going to spend their retirement enjoying the high life.

Damn, wish I could.  It would help if I didn't hurt.  Getting old is hell.  I have not done any Yoga lately (I hope you saw the previous post about my attempt), but I did clean house yesterday and can hardly walk today.  Anyway, enough about me.

Chloe (my oldest grand daughter) sits the cats while Mark and Sheila are away.  Well, they are both babies.  I took her over the first night.  The cats were really happy to see us.  Well, they were happy to see Chloe.  They will actually follow her around.  We stayed there for about an hour, watching TV and playing with the cats.  We always check the house to see if everything is okay.  There was one small problem..... the kittens had dug all the dirt out of a plant in Marks office.

Chloe did a quick job of picking up the dirt and putting it back in the pot.  (It was like this every time she went over there.  They loved digging the plant dirt out of the pot.)  I had this brilliant idea, and made a couple of videos of the two cats and emailed them to Sheila.  Here they are for you to see.



I was just trying to make Sheila and Mark feel better about leaving the cats alone.  We got ready to leave, and we couldn't get the front door locked.  Try as we might we couldn't get enough force on it to lock it.  We opened it up and tried it with the door open... you know.. put the key in and turn it to see if the bolt actually moves.  Well, it wouldn't.  I then used the lever on the inside (not sure what you call the know you turn to lock it) to try and lock it.  It wouldn't lock it either.  Chloe and I jacked around with it for about 10 mintues and it started locking.  I decided we'd be up shit creek without a paddle if we locked it and left, and couldn't get in the next time we came over.

I ended up deciding to see if Mark had a garage door opener in his car.  Yup.  OK.  We tested the garage door lock.  Yup, it works just fine.  We were good to go and re-enter.  We said by to the cats, locked the door, and took the garage door opener with us.  The rest of the week, that is how we got in and out.  We never again used the front door.  Eric took Chloe and Morgan over once, and Angie took Chloe over once, then I picked up duty again.  Last night, was our final night over there.  As usual, the cats follow Chloe around.  They adore her.  Pepper doesn't mind being picked up, but Gremmie is not a fan of being held.  Well, she decided to play on my feet.  She snuggled and rubbed my feet for a good 10 minutes.  She actually was letting me pet her... purring like crazy.  The cat actually liked me.  We took a final picture of the kids... Chloe was playing with a string... the cats can do this for hours.


We leave as usual, via the garage.  We got home, and Angie called.  She'd lost a crown.  I won't go in to great detail, but she, Gary and I all had the same dentist for years when we lived in Dallas, then when we were in San Antonio, we'd travel to Dallas to get our regular check ups.  We retired, and came back to Dallas, and continued to use him.  Angela went to him, was told she needed a crown, got it, and then it started immediately hurting.  The dentist then said she needed a root canal.  Ok.  They had to drill thru the new crown to do it.  When they drilled thru the crown, her tooth split in half. She had to go to a surgeon to get it removed.  The dentist then wanted to put in a dental implant.  Needless to say, Angie told his to kiss off, and she wasn't paying him anything for the botched tooth work.  She went to a new dentist.  I started having trouble with several crowns that he'd put in.  My bite was getting off.  (Long story short, I've had two TMJ surgeries, and I do not want to mess with my bite.)  I decided to get a TMJ specialist.  He replaced a couple of the crowns that had been put in, and then he  got me back to where my bite was "normal" again.  Gary started having trouble with his crowns, fillings, etc. and I convinced him to change dentist.  Well, a couple of weeks ago, one of the veneers the old dentist put in fell off, and I got it replaced last week.  Gary once again had to have two crowns replaced, and the associated root canals redone.  They both still had partial roots in.  Well, last night, one of Angies teeth that he'd worked on split..... her filling fell out.  She was in severe pain.  She called her new dentist, and she got a first thing appointment.  Morgan came over and spent the night so we could get her to school on time.  The new dentist found that he had put one filling in two adjacent teeth, sorta using it as a bridge.  She told Angie she'd never seent a filling like that before, and there was still a root that hadn't been removed on the original root canal.  That's why she was in such severe pain.  Angie's bill for the fiasco?  It will be $5,000.  Gary's is almost that much for his work this week.  Mine was a bargain at only $1500.  We are now officially dentist poor. Now, aren't you glad I didn't go in to great detail?  This doesn't mean we haven't had lots of crowns replaced.  I have had to replace almost every filling, crown and veneer that the old dentist put in.  Same with Gary.  I have personally, probably spent about $5,000 a year for the last 6 or so years repairing my previous work.  Gary started redoing his because of problems about 3 years ago.  I am almost to the point of having everything completed.  I still have 4 original veneers in place.  What a waste of money.

Today, I took Stella in to be groomed.  I got a note from Sheila later in the day that they were home.  I also had a golf lesson at 4pm, so I ran the garage door opener over to them after the lesson since the course is so close to their house.  They said the front door worked fine.  (I wondered if their flight had a stop over in Colorado)  Whatever.  Chloe and I both know what happened.  I need to remember to get the code to the gate lock.  I didn't know the neighbor had it, but I can always go over there in the future.  We had a drink, and talked about their trip.  I finally left.

I came home and fixed dinner for Gary.  Stir fry, spring rolls and friend rice.  Then, Morgan decided to make chocolate covered strawberries for her family for tomorrow morning.  She had already sent Gary to the store to get her 34 pieces of candy so she could pass it out at school.  She wanted Pop Rocks, but Gary couldn't find any.  She got Skittle Packs instead.  She came over, dipped strawberries, ate dinner, and left around 8pm.  Whew.... Gary is exhausted.  He went to bed about 15 minutes ago.  Me thinks we be gettin old!

That is all that has been going on.  Nothing.  I "think" the weather will be nice the rest of the week.  I have decided global warming is causing all the weird weather.  I also think it's going to continue to get weirder and weirder.  Guess I better close before they come to take me away....
Later.

No comments: