Here it is, the day after Valentines Day, and I think I have a hangover. I don't know if that is one word or two, but at 4:30 in the morning, I don't really care. Why, you may ask, am I up so early? I wish I knew. My hip hurts, my nose is stuffy, and between the dog and Chloe, I didn't have 1/3 of the bed to sleep in. Yes, both girls (Chloe and Morgan) spent the night. We have always had a routine. When the girls spent the night, Chloe would sleep in our bed with us and Morgan always slept on the couch. As Chloe got older, Gary slept on the other couch when Chloe spent the night and she slept with me. After Dad passed, Stella (Dad's dog) started sleeping with me. Needless to say, all three of us has gotten bigger, more so Chloe than Stella and me.... but she is almost 15 now. Here is a picture of us on MY 1/3 of the bed.
Stella resents it when Chloe is here, so she gets as far away as possible from her. Chloe like to cuddle, so she starts scooting towards me and the dog. The dog sleeps in the middle of course, so it's a real circus. Now if it's just Morgan here, she's on the couch, but Stella likes to go in and sleep with Morgan. That's fine, Gary and I can have a normal nights sleep. But even though Morgan is on the couch, Stella wants to make sure Chloe doesn't sleep next to me. She is jealous of both girls, but she prefers Morgan to Chloe. Stella does everything she can to keep Chloe from getting too much attention.
Guess I'll drop back to yesterday morning. I
I got a text from Morgan at 5am. She sent me a picture.
I mentioned in my last blog that she'd come over and made chocolate covered strawberries for her parents. She also took a bottle of champagne home with her. Well, she set her alarm and got up at five and decorated their kitchen table for Valentines Day, and she sent me a picture. She is so funny. Anyway, that's how I started my Valentines Day.
Got up, and made coffee. Gary decided to sleep in. I was surprised, because I usually have flowers and candy or something like that on the dining room table. Oh well, at least I have coffee. I've been working on this issue where we home owners are contesting a building they're adding in the middle of our "residential" area. I am the treasurer of the Lookout For Richardson non-profit organization. I've been researching the process they went thru to get the building in the area WITHOUT rezoning it to industrial. What a mess. I did that for a while, then got depressed about the whole thing and quit.
Gary had gotten up anyway and brought me in my flowers and candy from the garage. Guess he succeeded in surprising me about my gift. I just figured he'd go out and get them first thing. Gary is predictable about one thing.... flowers and candy for every mushy occasion. Bless his heart, he does try. I had gotten him 3 new tee shirts... Margaritaville shirts at that. He sort of like them, except there was an error on one of them, it was a 3X, and Gary wears only an XL. Oh well, I'll just have to exchange it.
We kaputz around the house, then Angie calls and tells me Chloe is sick, and could I go to school and pick her up. Off I go, bring her back to my house, and Gary cooks her lunch. Off I go to physical therapy. This PT place is different than most. Most places have you do tons of exercises. They do more hands on, so basically I get a one hour massage of my back, neck, and some heat therapy. I do maybe 10 minutes of exercise, and I'm good to go til next week. I stopped at the book store and tried to buy the YOGA for 50+ Years Of Age that Joyce recommended. Nope, they've sold out of it in all stores anywhere near me. OK, I just order two copies. Margie wanted one for her Mom. Then I go home.
Walk in and Gary had redone the dining room table.
The girls asked him to make them home made brownies instead of buying them chocolates. (hmmm makes you wonder about them doesn't it ??? ) He had managed to get the oven working and baked them their brownies, put our Angie's chocolates, and my flowers and candy. The cokes are something I buy Morgan for special occassions. She is hyper active, and usually doesn't get anything with sugar in it. So for special times, I get her an 8 pack of the smaller bottles of Coke, her favorite drink. Chloe only drinks water, no carbonated beverages, like her Mom and Dad.
We picked up Morgan after school and we all went to .... ta da..... El Fenix for dinner. Then we came home and Morgan and I watched TV. Well, Morgan climbed the walls cause she had 3 Cokes (bad Mimi). Gary took Chloe to the premier of the movie Vampire Diaries, or something like that. I didn't want to go, and neither did Morgan. She asked me to take her to some other show, but I gave her a choice of a movie or the Cokes.... hey, I know that girl... she took the Cokes and I didn't have to sit thru a "G" rated movie. Win win all the way around.
As I sit here blogging, I keep wondering what time they'll all get up. Tonight we are all going out to Picaso's for dinner, then back here for games. Probably a little Pass the Ace and who knows what else. Morgan complained yesterday that the Coles never invite us over to their house, which isn't really true. It's just not every week. Morgan loves to play Poke Pool. Guess I'll have to put a bug in Sheila's ear. Oh, she also likes to play darts. Well, guess I'll quit blogging since I really had nothing to say. My life is not the most exciting... but hey, at least I'm still breating. Later....
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment