Seriously, I've taken some pretty good joking on Facebook from the Canadians. Here's one...
Oh well, they did earn the right to be obnoxious. I did post this one for the Canadians, but no one complained about it....
OK, enough of that stuff.
This has been the craziest winter I can ever remember. It has gone from 32 degrees to 74, then back to 35, then to 67.... you get the drift. I know I posted a picture of Stella not seeing her shadow on Ground Dog Day, she didn't see her shadow.... but man, we still have more winter so she was wrong. Well, this was the first year she'd tried to predict it. She was 50% right, so not bad for her first try.
Sunday afternoon, I had a Homeowners meeting. Then in the evening, we all (us and Angie's group) went to On The Border to meet up with Gary's daughter (my step daughter) Melissa. We celebrated her 40th birthday.
Below is Melissa, on the right.
Gosh... everyone is getting old!
Tuesday, was Ralph's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RALPH! We gals had been wanting to see the movie PHILOMENA, so Margie being the good loving wife that she is, took Ralph to see it for his birthday. Mark is in Las Vegas for a meeting (so he says), so it was Sheila, Gary and me that met Ralph and Margie. We met up at TGI Friday's for a late dinner...7:30 pm. Well, we had to. Our show didn't start until 9:45. It is on it's last leg in Dallas. I just glad it was showing anywhere. Anyway, we took Ralph a birthday card.....and a small gift.... A six pack of beer, and a little carrier you freeze so it stays cool.
Around 9pm, after we'd eaten, we walked to the theater. It was early, so Margie and I headed to the potty, and came back to find Sheila, Ralph and Gary at the bar drinking a beer. I think it was a pint... honestly. It was huge!
We sat where we usually sit.... on the first row in the upper tier, so we can put our feet up on the railing. The guys liked that. There were only 7 people total in the theater. It was a fantastic movie. Not the ending I would have ever predicted, but a great ending. If you get a chance, go see the movie. I haven't read the book, the the other couple that was there at the same time we were, said the book was as good as the movie. So, out of 7 people, all 7 gave it an outstanding rating. Needless to say, we didn't stay around and chit chat. Man, we were all tired... it was almost midnight. Way past MY bed time.
I didn't leave the house Thursday, it was too cold and windy. Yesterday was our FWGA (ladies golf league) kick off 2014 luncheon. It was a great time. We had intro of officers, and even a singer, who did a great job on a song she wrote about hot flashes. I took a ton of pictures, but realized as I was looking for them, that I had taken them with Gerry's camera so she can post them on the bulletin board. Afterwards, the gang hung out and drank a few wines / beers. I think Gerry was the first to leave, then I was the second. That's rare. I had a conference call with the homeowners. We're fighting the city to get them to stop building a 51 foot tall trash transfer station on the creek behind our homes. I doubt we'll win, but it's not because we haven't been trying. I was tire, and probably had too much wine earlier in the day, so I went to bed about 9pm. Funny thing is, Gary was already asleep when I went to bed. At least I got up at 4:00 am this morning. He slept til 9.
I have been writing legal information requests for info from the city all day. I am pooped. I did make spaghetti for dinner. I was supposed to meet Sheila to hit golf balls and have dinner, but I backed out. I just have too much to do, and I'm not anywhere nearer the end than I was when I started. The lawyer we hired keeps having me tweek what I sent the city.
As it stand right now, I'm getting ready to shut this down and feed myself and Gary. Then I will get cleaned up and meet Sheila at Dawn's house. She is one of our golf league ladies that we helped with car trips to chemo, doctors, etc. She passed away in January. Her family from Ohio is in town packing up her house, and they want to meet the two of us. So, after dinner, we're headed over there to meet them. They've only spoken with us over the phone. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a lot more peaceful. Gary and I are planning on going to the home show. WOW... is that excitement or not?
Later






No comments:
Post a Comment