Sunday, February 15, 2009

BLACK BARS and GOLF

I know that a lot of you wonder what I do for excitement when there's nothing doing at my house. I go to Angie's. It seems like the two of us can always make something out of nothing. (If in doubt, see the Pass the Poo Blog) We ended up watching America's Funniest Home Video's. What was on? The Black Box Segment. Yeah, sorta had us wondering what was going on.... you know, Obama being elected and all. Well, here it is.

Weirdo as we are, we couldn't figure out how to get it to video. I wanted to share it on my blog spot, cause Coco (the idiot poodle) went crazy. Let me say, Coco is the only dog that I know that watches TV. She could care less about anything involving humans, but let just one animal come on the screen and she goes nuts. Then I had a brain fart..... I rewound the live TV segment (isn't Dish Sat. TV / dvr the neatest ever...) and used my camera to record the show. You with me? Then we put it on the computer, and Coco was in Angie's lap watching, and gets really upset this time. We rewound it, and filmed her reaction, which wasn't quite so intense.... but you sure can tell she does know when animals are are the tube!

Okay, enough of that.

Yesterday, I played golf with Gerry and Sue. We started out playing KA-CHING. Things were going pretty well, until the 5th hole of the Champions. Some Bozo behind us hit his golf ball about 100 yards over the green on #4 and the ball hit Gerry in the leg. Some golfers should NOT be allowed on the course. If they can't control their shots, THEY should be banned forever. Gerry wasn't seriously hurt, so we continued to play.
My phone rang on hole #6 and it was Gary T. wanting to know if I wanted to play golf. Anyway, I ended up calling him back and asking him to join us. On hole #7, I hit from the blue tees accidentally (I was playing from the whites), so Gerry and Sue suggested I re hit from the white tees. I did, and whiffed the ball.... it rolled about 10 feet, didn't even clear the red tees. I should have dropped my "drawers", as protocol demands, but it was a little on the cool side yesterday morning. I decide to just play my first shot. I took a great swing, made great contact, and the ball hits a tree and goes backward. GASP! Now I'm laying about 2 (I don't count all strokes) and am really *$^%$, I mean miffed. I take a different club, and whail away, and the ball shanks into the cart where Gerry and Sue are sitting. The ball deflects off of Gerry's leg (yes, the leg the OTHER golfer already hit), and nearly decapitates Sue. Both girls were okay, Gerry could still walk. so I decided to just pick up the ball and quit that particular hole. (I now rescend the banning idea I previously shared with you.) Had I continued and really hurt one of the others, it would be a real pain to get an ambulance onto that part of the course.

Sue and Gerry continue playing that hole, and they are putting, when the brakes on their golf cart fail, and the cart starts going down the hill. They chase it down, and park it almost on top of the putting green, so it won't roll away. Hmmmmmm. We pick up where we left off, make the turn, and start playing the Masters. The 10th hole was a disaster for Sue and I, then the 11th hole was just as bad... maybe worse. We all went into the sand on our first shot. She played back and forth over the putting green before picking up... it was a par 3, but I trudged on.... taking 4 bunker swings, and one hand toss to get my ball out of a bunker. We go to the 12th hole, and Sue fires a shot that goes within 2 inches of my head.

YUP, it was one of those games. Trimmier arrived just as we were leaving the 12th, and he immediately started have difficulty. He got in every bunker on every hole.... it was ugly! I chunked 2 into the water on one hole..... the entire day was nasty. Gary left as soon as we finished, think he was nauseous from all the bad golf, but the gals and I stayed and drank some wine. We ended up voiding all the KA-CHING game tokens, but paid Gerry something because she shot really well.... 97. Congratulation Gerry.

That was all the excitement for my day. I definitely need to work on my golf game.
MAYBE TOMORROW......

No comments: