While at the hospital for tests yesterday, the doctor did mention they were going to check me to see if I had C. Diff. I asked what it was, and he replied you probably don't have it, but I just want to make sure we test for everything while we're doing all these other tests. He didn't want to discuss it I guess, cause next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room.
Angie and I are two of the most medical knowledge craving two people you'll ever meet. We came home and got on the internet.
CAUTION...... ADULT CONTENT FOLLOWS....
C. Diff is when your poo is too clean... no bacteria. Well, I've often thought my poo didn't smell, but the thought of it being too clean is ridiculous. We researched further. It is really a true disease. There are two ways to clear it, but the most successful is to have a "fecal transplant".
Okay, if any of you are still reading..... it's where they take someone else's poo and put it in your colon. No, I'm serious. They can do it via enema (requires 10 days of enemas in the hospital), or they can put it down your throat (it mentioned something about a tube).
Now, not everyone is an acceptable donor. You MUST be compatible, and I presume have really bad poo! The point being.... get all the bad crap in your colon you can.
I've decided to make more people aware of this horrendous disease.
Note, The Canadians and UK are even aware of this life taking disease.
In Canada alone, 2,227 people died from this between 2001 and 2004.
Hey, in the UK alone, 3807 deaths during 2007 were linked to C. Diff.
You are nearly 2.3 times more likely to die of C. Diff than MRSA in England and Wales.
Please see the links below, and visit the web sites.
In addition to providing this public service information on my blog, I played golf today with Sheila and Gary T. I decided they needed to be made aware of this killer disease.
I proclaimed today.....
"PASS THE POO FECAL TRANSPLANT AWARENESS DAY "
I met them at the course and provided them each with an appropriate golf visor, and an "awareness" looped ribbon. Well, it wasn't ribbon, it was made out of toilet paper, but whatever. I'm proud to say they were very supportive of me. Both gave me shit all day, so I'm sure they'll come thru for me again should I need a transplant.
I've got to admit..... they were really in to this awareness day.
After golf, we went into the club house. Don K. asked what my awareness badge was made of, and I made the mistake of saying "shit" instead of poo. He said that's what it looks like, and he made me take it off. He's my boss, so what could I do??
I was going to make Jim M. and Doug T. aware of the disease, but they were eating. Don was somewhere in the vicinity, so Gary and Sheila wouldn't let me talk.
I'm sure that once you've read the links and studied up on the disease, you too will want to have a local "Fecal Transplant Awareness" day.
Angie, my daughter, made these beautiful visors with the help of Coco and Annie. The visors are uni-sex sized and velcro adjustable, and the awareness "ribbon" is made out of two-ply, quilted, Charmin paper. The "ribbons" are uni-sex one size fits all chests, and close with a large safety pin. (See update below)

If you would like to buy one or more of the sets for your own awareness activity, they're $10 for the set, plus shipping and handling.
No two are alike, they are all hand made.
PLEASE ! PASS THE POO !!!!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy
http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/12/09/1704381.aspx
http://www.nowpublic.com/health/canada-medical-procedure-fecal-transplant-saves-lives
http://www.cdiff-support.co.uk/
Angie posted a comment. For those of you that don't know how to read it... it says....
Angie said...
please note... there is now a wait list for custom designs... you may request a shade and "poo sprinkles" for an extra charge and please add 72 hours for processing
February 6, 2009 7:33 PM

1 comment:
please note... there is now a wait list for custom designs... you may request a shade and "poo sprinkles" for an extra charge and please add 72 hours for processing
Post a Comment