Monday, February 23, 2009

BACK TO NORMAL????

Saturday was Chloe's birthday. Friday night, she had a few friends sleep over at her house. Morgan stayed with us, and yes, we did go to El Fenix. (You MUST visit Angie's blog to see pix of our beautiful Chloe. She's now 10 years old. Where has the time gone?)

Saturday morning, we all met at Angie's house for Eric's birthday breakfast he prepared at Chloe's request. He made homemade wholewheat pancakes, that were very light. I must say, I was amazed. Gary was commanded to bring fried bacon (they only eat turkey bacon at their house), and all I had to do was show up. We all ate, and then the girls were off to ballet try-outs. Morgan came over here after ballet, and Chloe and several of her friends spent the day at the Dallas Aquarium.

Saturday afternoon at 1:45, Dad informed me that he'd invited my cousin's daughter and family over, and that they'd get here at 2pm. They never showed up, thank goodness, cause we still had no hot water and fans were blowing the carpet dry. Okay, I went shopping and got Chloe a ton of b-day gifts. Part of her birthday present from us that she asked for, was that I'd grill hamburgers and make corn (yup, canned corn like only "I" can make) for her and a couple of friends. We all had dinner, Chloe opened up her gifts, and then they all went to her house.

Since we had no grandkids, Gary did finish installing the new hot water heater. It was soooo nice not to take cold baths. It was suggested that we go to a motel room for baths, but that would have been Gary, Dad, Morgan, Me and Stella. Too much trouble.

Sunday, Gary and Dad went for their usual "guys" breakfast at IHOP. I was reading the paper in my PJ's, enjoying my solitude, and someone knocked on the door. I heard a woman talking, and just presumed it was Angie. I yelled come in, and in walked the company that was supposed to be there Saturday. I got up and got dressed, and made conversation till Dad and Gary got back. At least I didn't have to cook for them, they'd just left waffle house.

The rest of the day was uneventful. My kind of day. Hopefully, the entire week will be that way.

No comments: