Yes, I've decided I'll live. My lungs are almost clear (bronchial tubes.... whatever) and my cough is not that bad. I do think I still have sinus issues.
Sheila had a good trip. She, Gary T, Carlos and I all played in the Telco golf league Wednesday night. Sheila gets 7 strokes, Carlos and Gary get 8, ad I get 9. I tell you this because you take your gross score and subtract your strokes and arrive at your net score. I beat Sheila by one stroke NET. I won money off of her. I'm adding it to my Vegas stash. I did play well, but honestly, Sheila played well also..... she just couldn't putt. My putting carried me.
I did play with the ladies today.... but it was windy, and I felt exhausted when I finished. I'm not sure if I'm a little weak or just so far out of shape it will take the rest of my life to get back to normal. I have joined a gym, but have yet to go. Just couldn't see getting warmed up and starting to cough and sounding like a fog horn.
Other than getting excited about going to Las Vegas, I haven't done anything. I have started reading a book on tips for playing craps. I may have to take another class when we get there, if they still offer them.
I was telling Sheila yesterday that it seemed like forever since we've done anything. She is having the next party, but I'm not sure when it will be.
Morgan is having her first piano recital this weekend. She is excited. She has refused to let us hear her practice her piece. Angie and the teacher were not aware that Morgan even knew there was a recital. She's only been taking lessons for about 2 months. She asked for a recital piece. The teacher sort of tried to talk her out of it, but she insisted she needed to be in it. The teacher got her a piece, and Morgan has been practicing it. She says she hasn't memorized it, so I'm not sure what is going to happen. The teacher did give her extra free lessons to help her prepare. She wants her to succeed, and loves Morgan's determination. (She'll get tired of it before too long, I'm sure) She has even announced she is going to wear a skirt. THAT has us all worried..... cause she's our Tom-boy. Oh well. I will take pictures... it's Saturday. Angela already had a women's retreat planned, so it will be just Gary and I doing the recital.
Later, and hopefully my life will become exciting again very soon.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment