Thursday, October 11, 2012

Damned No Matter What

Not a lot has been happening.  Mark and Sheila survived Shreveport.  Mark actually drove his Miata there and back, and didn't get a ticket.  Hmmmmm, he must not be feeling normal.  He came out ahead, and I'm pretty sure if I understood correctly, Sheila didn't fare so well.  Alas..... that's why they call it the CRAP table.

Have you been like me and wondered what caused Sheila to lose some of her hearing?  She's always going around telling me that she thinks it was because she wore headphones to listen to music, and she liked to play it really loud.  I never really bought that.  I mean, I wore headphones, listened to loud music, and I don't have hearing loss.  Well, the truth has finally come out.


It would probably be better if you didn't tell her you found out about it on my BLOG.  She can be testy about some things.  Also, if you all find out... I'd like to know if she was on the calling end or the called end of that phone sex, I'd appreciate it. 



I spent Monday evening playing on the PC.  I uploaded music to my itunes account.  Tuesday, Angie had to come over and show me how to get it on my iphone.  Apple doesn't like to make it easy to use their products.  But once you do figure it out, it's really cool.  Now if only they'd fix the Maps fiasco they created when the put their map program on the phones ios 6 and removed Google's excellent maps program.  However, they didn't offer a free app that would suffice, but they did say they were very sorry.  Sorta gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, no?  You know, the kind you get when you pee in your pants.  It's a real bummer.

My week has been spent fighting dieting, pre-diabetes style.  It's a pain in the ass.  I have managed to eat all the right things, however, I am having a terrible time with fat.... good and bad kind.  I have now managed to make 50% (on a good day) of my calories come from fat.  I am amazed.  No wonder fat people are fat.  If you try, like me, to eat only healthy stuff that won't interfere with your food allergies, you end up eating healthy FAT containing things.  Honestly..... I'm so tired of eating crap I don't really like and it STILL being not good.

I went to the rheumatoid  doctor on Tuesday.  I am now reducing the Humira injections to every 3 weeks to see if everything stays under control.  I will continue to get my RX for every 2 weeks because I'm on a co-pay program that covers it.  Next year I turn 65 and go on medicare, so we're going to try and figure out everything before I get there.  It may not work at all, but we should know in a month or so.  Other than that, I did get an atta girl for losing weight.

Yesterday, I went to the surgeon that screwed up my knee and back by replacing my left knee.  He evidently had made notes in my file on my last yearly check up that I was NOT a happy camper.  He asked me how it was going, and I did honestly tell him that it was better, but walking did hurt my hip, which was all I was trying to fix to start with.  Any rigorous activity makes the dreaded trio act up (hip, left knee & left hip).  He insisted on injecting my left hip.  He said it would be numb for a few hours, then should gradually start feeling better after one day.  NUMB?  I took him up on that, then came home and got all the crap reloaded in the RV.  Walking up and down those large steps is really a killer if you do it a lot, like loading stuff.  I hustled home, gathered everything up and got it all put back, and the under storage redone.  I was proud of myself.  The pain never set in.  He thinks it's chronic bursitis.  I've had it before, but the shots have never worked once the numbness wore off.  Maybe this will be my lucky injection.

Today, I went to the golf course to play golf with the FWGA.  Long story short, never ride in a golf cart with an OLD person driving it.  She speeds up to take off, then stops 50 yards from the balls.  Geeze, I could have walked the entire time and been quicker.  She also just knew we started on hole 2. Got there, and it was obvious we were NOT supposed to be there, cause she passed Sheila and she was in the first group.  We called the club house and they sent us to hole 18.  Got there, and some men were playing.  I went up to the club house again, and when we looked, there were some ladies teeing off there, but not our twosome.  Kenneth had no idea what to do, so he sent us to hole 2 again.

On our way, we saw that Sheila and her group had already teed off on 2, and there was plenty of time, so we just played hole 1.  When we got to hole 4, Sheila's group was on their second shot when we teed off.  The group behind us was still playing hole 2, they were slow even though they were a threesome.  The marshal came over and told us we needed to go to hole number 2 and wait for the ladies we were supposed to tee off with on hole 16 to arrive then stay with them.  I told him that was stupid, since we'd be there for almost and hour, and we'd already played that hole.  Also, we were not pushing the group in front of us to play thru, and the group behind us couldn't keep up.  He agreed. Then the playday chairperson came over and told us to wait on hole two.  I told her the marshal was okay with us playing as long as we didn't mess with the group in front or behind of us.

That lasted till hole 8.  The marshal came over and said that everyone was backed up, because of us.  I was amazed, cause Sheila's team was already on hole 9, we were teeing off on hole 8, and the group behind us was on the tee box on hole 7 (they were still 1/2 hole behind_, and I told him so.  He said that the twosome was playing too fast, so other teams were letting them play thru, which put them behind.  I informed him that the threesome behind us would fix that problem.  He insisted that I wait on them.  I decided not to.  I had my OLD partner drive me to within 50 yards of my car, and I carried my bags to the car and sent her back to continue.

Now, it gets funny.  I go into the pro shop to get my money back, and Don K. and Matt McM. are there working on shirts and Kenneth (the pro) and Don (the marshall) are all inside.  Don just smiles when I come in.  I asked Kenneth for a full refund.  He said he couldn't refund my money cause it wasn't raining.  Matt jumped up and said I'll get it for you.  Don K. asked what was wrong, I told him, and then I asked why "he" didn't make sure Kenneth always had a schedule with him for where the league should tee off.  He informed me he should, and asked Kenneth why he didn't have one.  He said someone took it.  Don (the marshall) said well I had it.  I suggested it would be easier for all involved if I had remembered my hole assignment and stuck to my guns and not let and OLD lady drive or pick the hole to start on, but since there was not a good chance of that happening, that Don (the marshall) should always tell Kenneth he's taking the list then Kenneth could call him for questions.  Are you sitting down?  Matt said it would be easier for Kenneth or Don to make a xerox copy.  Well duh!  Anyway, I came home and decided to finish this blog that I started working on last Sunday.  Yes, I got a full refund.

In case I get side tracked, tomorrow is do nothing day, then Saturday, Sheila and Mark are fixing my birthday dinner.  Yippee!  I don't have to cook or wash dishes.  Well, I may rinse them, but at least I won't have to jack with my diet requirements.  That'll be Sheila's problem. 

Here, I'll close with this.......




No comments: