Yes, it's all about my diet. Geez, I have been busy. I've been to the doctor, the blood lab twice, and cleaning house. It's been a real bore!
After everyone left on Sunday, Stella and I spent a noisy night in the RV (I know, already posted), but I got up bright and early and shampooed the carpet, and moped the floor. You know, spring cleaning type of work because there was sand and debris all over. Stella and started the drive home around 10 am.
It took forever! They're working on I45 between Conroe and almost almost all the way to Dallas. It was one long drive. It was either me or Stella needing to stop for a bathroom break every hour. I got 6 mpg on the way home, and that was without the generator running. I would drive 50 feet, get up to 5 mph, then it would be stop and wait for 2 minutes and then repeat the drill. It was a long tiring drive.
I got all the way to a Love travel center just outside of Dallas and it was 4:45. I got a wild hair and asked if they had a truck wash. They didn't, but a nice trucker said I was only about 3 miles away from one. So, off I go on I20 west. I found a Blue Beacon Truck Wash. I had told Gary I'd wash the RV before I put it in storage, to get ride of the salt spray. It was dirty! I had them wash it, and asked that they wash the top and the undercarriage. They were really nice, and did it. They also applied RainX to the entire body. I didn't know how much it would be, but whatever. However, I'm sure my jaw dropped when they rang me up (this is AFTER the wash) for $40, plus a $10 tip. I have decided though, that it was really worth it. It looked so nice, and the RainX kept it from water spotting. Came home, unloaded everything into my house, then put the RV in storage.
Tuesday, Sheila and I played golf at the Golf Club of McKinney. We played with Judy (Sheila's Stonebridge buddy) and her friend Trish. Judy came over to talk to us while her friend Trish was checking in. She casually mentioned that Trish had informed her that she was glad we had a late tee time because she had bible study earlier in the morning. WTF? Sheila and I agreed up front that we were just going to enjoy the day. Neither one of us figured we'd shoot well, but we decided not to worry about anything. Shit... now we have to watch our language? We immediately pulled the cart out of hearing distance from Judy and Trish. We both said every dirty word we could think of. I said some of my favorite golf words more than once. We did that till we were tired of saying them. I'm sure all the golfers in the vicinity thought we'd gone completely crazy. Alas, we met up with Judy and Trish. Off we go.
As luck would have it, we both shot great golf. I shot 85, and I think Sheila shot an 81 or 82. It was so much fun. There was no pressure about winning a tournament, or anything like that. I will admit, maybe Sheila said "shit" once. I'm not sure if I slipped up, but that was probably the only dirty word uttered all day. I thought maybe God was rewarding us for not cursing. I have since found out that Sheila shot an 82 on the Old Course at Firewheel, so there went that theory. ANYWAY, it was a great day.
Wednesday, I started washing everything that I brought in from the RV. I brought every bed linen, blanket, pillow, etc.. I have finally washed everything, lost one pillow case and one top sheet. Crap, I need to quit spending money on stuff like that. Guess I'll go to Walmart, AGAIN! I made progress but didn't finish it. Thursday, I had a doctor appointment with the endo doctor. She sent me to the lab, and they refused to do the testing she wanted because I'd had water that morning. Boy, that really yanked my chain! Then Thursday, I had a diabetes class. Wait... I'm not diabetic yet, well not diagnosed, but am probably pre-diabetic. I need to get help with my diet anyway. Gluten free is tough enough, but adding lactose free on top of that is awful. The doctor wanted me to attend the classes that are free, so I can get some good basics on how I need to start eating. Once she gets the final blood work back from the lab, she'll send me for one on one work with a dietitian. She's having me log my blood sugar readings and keep a food diary. Just call me Sheila Junior!
The class was actually fun. There was a really large black guy there, and he and I hit it off. When I say large, I mean really over weight. Obviously he is not in control of his diet. We have the same doctor, and he said she'd been yelling at him. He came to the class because he was afraid she was going to hit him if he didn't start doing better. Now, that's my sense of humor. There was a married couple there, and he was the diabetic, and she came to support him in his efforts. (all the people in the class except me were already diabetic and on meds) Get this, he lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks. She lost 10. WOW! She is eating just like he is. She could afford to lose a lot more, so they were both happy. Then, there's one in every crowd. A lady from India was there. She could speak English, but half the time no one knew what she was saying. I do know she said she "eats rice...eats curry..... LOVES fried food". The instructor had to leave the four of us alone and go try and talk to her one on one. She'd ask her what her morning blood sugar was, and the lady replied... I love rice. I don't know if they every talked about anything else. She was weird.
Came home from spending the entire day at Baylor Medical Center, and crashed. Then bright and early Friday morning..... I drank NOTHING, and went back for my blood testing. They made me drink that crap that is pure sugar, and then checked my blood every 30 minutes. I didn't get sick until about 45 minutes into the testing, which I expected. I would bet $100 I have hypoglycemia. I mean, it just makes me sick..... like I have the flu. Anyway, I got home around 12:30. At some point in time, I spoke with Sheila. We decided to go to Top Golf Saturday night for dinner and a game.
I got up this morning and it was COLD! I had my breakfast, then I went with Gary to walk the dog. I only walked about 20 minutes and got so cold I had to go back home. At least I got 34 minutes in. I called Sheila and told her I didn't want to go out. I hurt all over.... old age aches and pains. We yacked for a while, and made plans for another time. Then, I started cleaning again. Gary kept trying to get me to go to the Wildflower or something like that Festival. I told him I was too cold. Then, Angie called from the Arboretum and wanted us to join them. I again said no, but told Gary I would be happy if he'd go. He also got hurt by the door hitting him in the butt. For some reason, he had cabin fever.
I did manage to go to the grocery store, and guess what. I found some certified gluten free oats. Now I can have oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. That will make my diet easier. I also bought stuff for dinner. That was the first time I'd been to the store since I went to Glen Rose with Sheila. Came home, and got all the groceries put away, and Chloe called. Everyone was coming over for dinner. All I had thawed out, was stuff for a small batch of chicken tortilla soup, which wouldn't feed all of us. Then I remembered, I had made Sheila some chicken and noodles for when she had a bad cold. I'd planned on taking it over, then got side tracked, and decided to freeze it and take it over later. Before I got that done, Sheila told me she didn't like chicken soup kinds of things. Well, anyway, I pulled that out and we had two soups. Gary stopped at El Fenix and bought some hot sauce and chips. Chloe was in 7th heaven. Morgan decided she didn't want to eat here, so there were just 5 of us. However, almost all of the chicken and noodles were eaten, and there's enough tortilla soup for me tomorrow. I love that stuff.
I know you all are envious because I lead such and exciting life. Tomorrow is Sunday. I'm going to read the paper and drink coffee. Whoops.... I'll eat breakfast first, then do that. Then, I need to take everything back to the RV that I've cleaned. Next..... I need to start nagging Gary to help me clean the garage. Gawd....I have such great expectations.
Have a good one......
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment