Here it is Monday, the 20th of January, and I'm at the beach with Sheila and Joyce. I'm going to drop back to the night at the theater and bring you up to date.
Margie couldn't join us for the theater, it was just Joyce, Sheila, Gerry and me. We had a nice dinner at Casa Millagro, but it was too cold to dine on the patio. Then we were off to the play. It was a Black and White play, by Pegasus. Joyce really likes the actors. The main detective is dense, to say the least. Anyway, we went out afterwards and met some of the cast. The reason it's called a black and white play? Because it appears to be a play done on black and white TV. No color at all. Notice the make up on the actresses.....
After that, we all headed home
I am treasurer of a group of home owners that is opposing the expansion of a trash transfer station that is near my house. UGH.... keeping me busy. I headed out early, went to the bank and opened up the checking account. Then I was off to the RV storage spot to get some folding chairs out of the RV. See, Sheila, Joyce and I have planned a trip to the Beach, in Port Aransas, for most of next week. The time has gone by so fast, we almost didn't get anything special in for Joyce's visit.
Got home, and Gary has been bored, cause eh's playing on the internet, and found a new place for us to live. It's on 17 acres, has a house that has two round sections, and a garage that is about the size of JFK international airport. It has 7200 square feet. It's just a little under 1/2 million dollars. I hated the floor plan....round room? Well, it would be okay if they were HUGE, but they weren't. Anyway, I said no way, and the entire weekend was spent by Gary yelling out every hour or so.... 7200! That man can get on my last nerve.
Sweetie Chloe came over in the afternoon, and we played cards and watched.... you sitting down?.....NCIS. LOL! We also played some Hand and Foot. I sure do like that girl. She was in a better than normal mood. She conned Gary into getting her Mexican food from El Fenix. We had a great afternoon and evening, then she spent the night.
Got up early Saturday and started packing for the trip with the gals. Had that pretty much under control by noon, so enjoyed time with Chloe. She left around 4, and we headed over to the Coles Casa around 5 for dinner. Talk about a great dinner.....
Started out eating spicy mussels a an appetizer. They are cooked in a curry sauce. Sheila found the recipe on the internet. According to Joyce, there are 5 Rude Natives in her vacinity, and the spicy mussels are one of their premier dishes. It took a while for me to question how she knows only 5 Rude Natives live near her... well, come to find out, that's the name of a restaurant chain. Nuff said.
After the yummy mussels, we visited for an hour and sipped some really good wine. Then the main dinner was cooked by Mark. Steak... filet mignon. I honest think it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Mark grilled them all to perfection. I asked for pink meat, no blood on the plate. That is exactly how it was served. Everyone else likes blood on their plate, based on what I saw, but the amazing part is they were all done at the same time. I'm trying to figure out how I can get them to start it as a ritual... like Sunday dinners at Grandmas house..... it just happens the same time on the same day of the week. I know the meat is expensive, but I mean really... if it was that big a problem for their budget, Sheila could get a job. I am more than willing to bring wine. I've got to figure out how to get that started.
We plaled a new dice game, I think it's called Farkle. Anyway, it's a very fast paced gambling game. It was ok, but we decided it needed closer to 12 people to make it more fun. It would also make your money last longer. Since we gals were heading out early, we left really early.
Sunday morning at 5am, I awoke to the buzzing of the alarm. I loaded the car up and picked up Joyce and Sheila at 6:05 am... just 5 minutes late. They were loaded up and we were on the road by 6:15 am.... driving the Expedition to Port Aransas. It's 358 miles from my home to the beach, or about 7 hours, depending on the terrible traffic on I35. We got here about 2:00 pm. We only had 4 pit stops on the way. Gasoline here, by the way, it $2.99 a gallon. One stop at Corpus Christi was only because we wanted to fill up before we hit the island because everything cost more here.
We had no trouble finding the condo. It's cute... a typical beach themed beach house. It was clean as could be... except for the molded coffee pot. Oh well, I brought mine from the RV. We unloaded, then did a drive around the island. We decided to pick up supplies at the local IGA grocery store, then I had a brain fart and decided a shrimp boil would be good, cause I didn't relish the idea of going home, cleaning up, and driving in the car once more for dinner. I was sort of sick of riding in the car by now. Poor Joyce was probably just sick..... she is so short, she cannot step into the back seat (hey, it's my car... I made Sheila drive the latter part... and I claimed the front seat... never mind being nice to your elders). To get in the car, she has to get ahold of the hand rail mounted on the door jam, and put one leg up in the car, then sorta do a pull up. Getting out is no problem.... she just holds the hand rail and jumps. It's sort of funny, in a perverted sort of way, to watch. We did a quick tour of the beach... here are a few snap shots..
Here's a picture of Mark's favorite place. He calls it rustic.... I think it's seedy. Hmmmmmm
We went to the shrimp store, and paid $13.99 for some huge shrimp. They had sold all of their medium and small shrimp. We decided 5 shrimp per person would work. We came home, played some hand and foot, then turned on Downton Abbey.
I started the shrimp boil while it was playing. Salt water, lemon, Old Bay Seasoning, then potatoes into the pot. Cooked for 15-20 minutes, then I threw in the corn on the cob..... cooked a few more minutes, then threw in the lobster... I mean HUGE shrimp. We were good to go... Downton Abbey went off about the same time dinner was ready. See if you don't agree that there are some HUGE shrimp.
We played some more hand and foot, then hit the sack.
I got up first (well duh). It is beautiful today. Little wind, and warm for a change. It is supposed to be the only really good day, so we're going to head out early to enjoy as much of it as possible. A neighbor took our picture having coffee on the patio.
I'm going to close for now. Gotta get dressed and see what the day has in store for us.
One side note.... I was typing fast, not checking for spelling or grammar. Go with the flow... eh?
Monday, January 20, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment