Saturday, January 4, 2014

Houston Was Fun

My nephews daughter, Megan, came down for a visit from Oklahoma.  Her Dad and step-Mom were planning on letting her spend one night with the g-kids while Lori attended a TSA screening thing.  We convinced them to let her stay with us so she could go with us to Houston for a visit with Janice and all her grand kids.  We left New Years Day, and got in late that night.  Thank goodness, it was an uneventful trip.

Cameron, Coby and Taylor live in Colorado, and Janice doesn't get to visit with them very often.  They belong to her daughter, Danielle.  Danielle also has another son that lives with Janice, Austin.  He is working and attempting to put himself through college.  Because Janice only has 3 bedrooms, she had a house full.  To compensate for that, she had her travel trailer parked in her driveway.  The first night, not much happened.  The kids all played around on their "devices".  They were playing music until late.   Angie made Morgan and Chloe sleep in the trailer with her and I, cause they hadn't had much sleep the night before.  the rest of the kids stayed in the house.... boys in the living room, and girls in the den.

Angie bought donuts (like the kids needed extra sugar to get hyper on ) for breakfast, as well as sausage biscuits.  The day was spent pretty much like the night before, but the kids did go to a near by park to burn off some excess energy.  Then that evening (Thursday) we all went to the Paint Pub to attend a class.  There were 12 of us.  Bailee and her best girl friend Ryan joined in.  Bailee is Janice's son's daughter.  Wow.... was it ever exciting.  We all painted the same picture.  Here is a picture of our results.
Back Row left to right
Chloe, Megan, Bailee, Cameron, Janice, Me and Angela
Middle Row left to fight
Morgan, Coby, Ryan and Danielle
Front Row
Taylor

Everyone except Chloe was happy with their artwork.  I was the happiest with mine as I have been with any of my other paintings.  They are done in acrylic, and I always get frustrated because I cannot take time to "blend" like I want.  I had decided before the class that I'd go with the flow, and just do the best I could.  It is what it is.  Maybe it's not better than any of the other, but I was satisfied that I did the best I could do given it is acrylic.  Angie and I each had only one glass of wine.

Went back to the house, and it was more of the kids on their "devices".  Why they enjoy texting to someone that is sitting right next to them is beyond me.  But, it did keep them busy.  I don't know if it's just them... but they play a song and say "listen to this... it's so cool", then they play about 15 seconds of it and start a different one.  Of course, they all do it in unison.  They had a blast.  That night, all the girls slept in the den and it was just Angie and me in the trailer.  About midnight, Morgan came beating on the door wanting to sleep with us.... she said there wasn't enough room for her in the house.  It did get rather nippy in the trailer.  We found out later that Chloe texted her Mom that she wanted to sleep with us in the trailer, but we were asleep and never said ok, so she spent the night on the floor in the den.  She wasn't real happy, but it is what it is.

I didn't mention it, but Janice has a dog and two cats.  The dog is 1 1/2 years old, so it's still just a puppy, but it is BIG.  It took a fancy to me, so it was on my lap quite a bit of the time.  Oh, it is white, and sheds like there is no tomorrow.  Janice and I took her to Petsco and bought it a harness type of thing.  The dog loved it.  Didn't want to take it off.  That was about all the excitement for the morning.  We then started packing up to leave.  Cameron, Coby and Taylor wanted to go home with me.  Janice, not thinking that Brice (their Dad that's in Las Vegas while they're in Houston) would say okay, told the kids it would be okay if their Dad agreed.  Well, they called him and he said it was okay.  Well, that didn't go over so well when Janice and their Mom said no.  Coby hid for a while, and we kept searching the car.  We did find Cameron hiding in the car under some blankets.  It was a real mess getting out of there.  We finally left with all three of the Colorado kids at Janices, and then the texting began.  It lasted all the time til we got home.

Stella met me at the door, and smelled the other dog on my clothes.  Angie had the same experience at her house.  Then, the texting began with Angie telling me that her dogs were NOT happy.  Here is how our texting went.

ANGIE
I told Coco about "her" (referring to Janice's dog)

ME
Why did you tell?  You can't keep anything to yourself.  It's just going to hurt her.  You are so cruel.

ANGIE
She found the evidence.... everywhere.  I think she felt like we wer glaunting it.... She isn't a shedder and doesn't mark her territory that way.

ME
Did she tell Annie?  I guess it's just as well you told her, instead of her hearing it from Stella.  She noticed it immediately but I explained to Stella I was weak and lonesome for her and Moiret (the name of Janice's dog) was there and neglected, so I just paid a little bit of attention to her.  Stella said she forgave me and understood.  I think it made my bond with Stella stronger.  Please don't tell Coco that I played with Moiret.  I don't want her to throw it in Stella's face in a fit of rage.

ANGIE 

Coco told Annie.  Annie said there is a price for her forgiveness.  Papa knows her demands

(Annie eats sliced ham at our house every time she comes over.  Gary also takes it to her every time he goes over to Angie's house.)

ME
I showed Gary the pictures and our text conversations.  He said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I think that's code talk for "the white dog hair doesn't fall far from the dog".  He was laughing.

ANGIE
Well, Annie wants him to know.... she remembers everything.  He didn't bring ham over the last 3 out of 4 times he came over.  She sensed you giving "her" part of your sausage biscuit to Janices' cat. I tried to explain the cat, but it was a lose lose situation.

Well, that was the end of the texting.  I know my Dad had a warped sense of humor, and I guess that's where I got mine.  Sadly, my daughter has it also.  Morgan (my youngest g-kid) is already showing signs of having it as well.  

Guess I'll close.  I'm getting ready to take Megan back to Oklahoma.  She is not happy she has to leave so soon... it's only been 6 days.  Ha!  I apologize for any grammar or continuity errors... don't have time to proof read.  When I get back, I'll blog about New Year's Eve.

No comments: