Yesterday, I got up at 6:00 am and had coffee with Gary, then at 7:15, headed to Margie's house. I wanted to take her for her free visit to SnapFittness. We did a work out, and then she treated me to a cup of coffee at Starbucks. We sat and played with her iphone, and chatted. I then took a slow trip back to the house. Talked to Gary, then my iphone alarm notified me that I had 15 minutes to get to the golf course for a meeting with Sheila and the FWGA (ladies golf league) Board. Sheila is the head tournament chairman, and I am her assistant. Minion is what Sheila calls me. Got there, still in gym outfit, and was only 15 minutes late. Whew!
We took care of board things, then Sheila headed to her house to pick up Joyce, and I called Gerry. We were going to spend the day playing Mah Jong at the club house. We all played, but it had been so long since we'd play it, that the entire day was sort of a struggle. Towards the end of the day, we were all once again comfortable with what we were supposed to be doing. It could have been because I had 5 beers while there, but I finally enjoyed it. I also actually won one hand. I stayed on my diet. I shared a rueben sandwich with Gerry, so I counted that as a diet meal. I only had half a sandwich, half an order of fries, and half a pickle. I really thought they could have given us each a whole pickle slice... but I guess things are tough at the golf course.
Around 5pm, we were getting ready to leave when Joyce remembered that we hadn't taken a photo. Now Joyce and I are both senior citizens, and we always carry a camera. However, we tend to have senior moments and forget that we have them. I am soooo thankful she remembered. I don't think the five beers caused me to forget.... NAW!
left to right
Gerry, Sheila, Joyce and me
I am not as tall as I appear, they are just really short people. I'm sticking with that.
That's all the excitement we've had. Our next event is Saturday night, when Sheila is cooking for Gary and me. Well, that is IF they're well. Mark was sickly New Year's Eve with the crud that is going around. Then earlier this week, Sheila got it, and then Joyce got it. Yesterday was the first day Joyce had felt half way decent. I haven't checked in this morning, but am hoping she's good to go.
I got up early today and brought the car to the repair shop..again. This is the 3rd attempt to get my radio replaced. (I spilled Starbuck's coffee on the dash and it caused the radio to fail.) I made it here on time, and then realized I had no glasses with me. So.... I've enlarged the screen on my PC as much as possible, and have attempted to blog without glasses. I have sunglasses on, but that makes it worse. So... if you find a ton of errors, just try and figure out what I meant. In the meantime....I'm back to the coffee bar for my free coffee It really is a great place to have to wait on your repair. They give you tickets that you can get stuff with There is actually a small coffee spot here that sells bagels, breakfast wraps, etc.. However, I wish they were closer to me. I am too far out of their free drop off ride to qualify for the shuttle service.
Just killing time now.... take care.
Friday, January 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment