Monday, July 12, 2010

The Best Made Plans

Guess what I did day before yesterday? I went to Target for something, and found the coolest toy for the girls. They'd never seen one like it, so I demonstrated it for them. I mean, I did it when I was younger, why not this time? House shoes and all, on the deck, I demonstrate. It's simple....

swing it, hop on the left leg, staying in the air until it passes the left foot landing area, and keep swinging.


Ok..... I failed. I got around it once, then whack! I hit my big left toe. That damned thing is hard as a rock. The girls have refused to try it since. Guess I'll have to save it for my next party.

Angie's air conditioner went out last week, so our plans for vacation were canceled. As Morgan loves to tell it... "Mom can go anywhere till she comes up with four grand". I know she doesn't have any idea what four grand is, but she knows it's a lot. Margie recommended a guy to us. Gary and Angie were both very pleased with him. He even offered them a loaner until she got the money together. Unfortunately, her tuition was due July 1, so it was going to be a month till she got "four grand". Well, she did have all but one grand, but whatever. She signed a contract for the loaner, and the guy called yesterday and just offered her the chance to keep it for a good price, which I almost fell over when I heard. See, she had the upper unit replaced year before last. The company that put it in put in the old style. She was going to have to replace both units this time, cause the one she replaced is not compatible with the new units. GASP! Anyway, if anyone need a good air conditioner man, we've got the name of the one good via Margie. (I don't think he works Canada....do they use air conditioning up there?)

Margie invited me and the two grand kids to visit them at the Lake. Christina is going to be there for a week of golf and tennis camp. I tried to call her while ago and tell her we're going to pass. I had planned on going, but we've been doing things around MY house for a change. Gary has even been working on the fence. HONEST! He's re-engineered it to my specifications, which means he's completely taken down everything he'd done over the past year. Oh well, it is progress????

We've redecorated my bedroom. The only problem is, it's not as large as it needs to be. Guess I'll try and paint it later this week. The girls and Angie have been here pretty much all week. Her air conditioner was installed late yesterday. The girls wanted to spend the night, so we got up today, and it's been play Wii all day. Gary, the girls and I played JUST DANCE this morning. Gawd, it will definitely make one feel old. Morgan was the best one. I did manage to hold my own....coming in 2nd place in the Stop and Pose contest. Late this afternoon, we changed to Yoga and Wii Fit. Chloe loves that game. She works hard at each section until she has set or beat the current high score.

I made chicken fajitas for dinner, and it was a great recipe. Now I have the perfect recipe, and I won't have to keep trying new ones. The girls loved the meat. I did use fresh green peppers and Jalapenos from my garden. The cilantro is almost gone, but I planted so new seeds yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have some more in a few weeks. The girls and I also played Spa today. We did our toes, hands, and elbows. We did the foot spa and the hot was thing. We're all soft as new born babies butts.... well on the hands, feet and elbows. They left just a few minutes ago.

Angie and I are again planning a vacation. This time, we're shooting for the first week of August. We have a weekend trip to Houston the third week in August, and then just a week later the girls go back to school. They just finished summer school, so it's gonna be a short summer for them. Morgan took reading skills, and Chloe got to take science with her advanced PACE course. She dissected a fetal pig. Gross, but she loved it.

That's about all that's exciting. I haven't heard from Sheila, but I can tell by my e-mail that Joyce is back home. Gerry is in Ruidiso, Margie is at Horseshoe Bay, Sue is in Forks, Washington, and I guess Sheila and I are holding down the fort. Later, and here's your bumper sticker...



No comments: