Things started out great. But, I'll go back to the nite before. Angie's dogs barked and cried when she was going home from the store, and didn't turn on our street. She called me, had me wait in my driveway, and at 9:30 pm, I could hear them coming from over a block away. Yapping, barking, howling.... on and on. They got here, and immediately woke everyone (Dad) up with their noise. Gary settled them down by feeding them ham and taking Annie to the park.
Angie finally left with the dogs, we all went to bed, and she came over again yesterday morning after taking the girls to school. Dad was still in bed, but when he got up, he informed me that Stella had pooped on the floor. Great.... it was 9:45 and I was getting ready to meet Joyce for water aerobics and lunch. I told him to be careful, and I'd clean it up after my lunch date and swim with Joyce. Off I go..... chipper, the possibilities of getting in shape after one class still a possibility. I was positive.
I had more of a gab fest in the pool with Joyce, then around noon, Sheila got off work, so we sat by the pool for a few minutes to talk, then Mark joined us briefly. The weather was cloudy, but not too hot. We gals left in separate cars and met at Ying Cafe for Chinese food. It was really good. Doesn't seem like Joyce is about ready to go home, cause I don't know where the time has gone. Less than a week remains. Anyway, she treated Sheila and I to lunch. She is a sweetie.
I came home, and walked in thru the garage. I never went in to the main part of the house. Dad came in to tell me something, and while talking to him, I smell poop.... big time. I looked at the floor, and he had a shoe print for every step he took. Yup..... he had walked in dog poop. I jump out of bed and dash to his bedroom, but THAT poop is okay. He's following me around, and I make him take of his one poop covered shoe. He starts explaining that Angie brought her dogs over, and he's decided it was one of her dogs that pooped in his bedroom. By the way, Annie and Coco do NOT go into his room. He also didn't believe he'd tracked poop all over the house. He explained all this while I was washing poop off his shoe.
Anyway, the only room that had escaped Dad's poop walk was my bathroom. GASP! Now everything was Angie's fault. I called her to bring over my carpet cleaner that's stored at her house. She started all the tile floors, and I started on the carpet. She finished up first, and I decided I'd had it with the smaller carpet cleaner, so when she left, she took my machine as a gift from me, and I headed to Sam's to buy a new one. I am now the owner of a larger Bissell 2x Pro-Heater Double Cleaning Bar Dog Shit Eliminator carpet cleaner.
Gary put it together for me, then I started again, finally getting to the living room where Dad camps. He asks me if we're having company. I say no, why. He says.... why are you shampooing all the carpets. I nearly faint.... I explained I was cleaning dog poop. He gets up and looks around and can't see any dog poop. DUH.... I've cleaned it. He honestly had forgotten all about the whole thing.
Gary decided he was hungry (it's now 5pm and I've been cleaning carpets since 2pm) and wanted to know what my dinner plans were. I had purchased a whole chicken for Angie and me since we'd been so busy cleaning the floors, and told him if he'd make a salad and heat up some bread, it'd be pretty easy for him to handle. He decided it was too much trouble and he and Dad headed for Black Eyed Pea. (This is a very nice version of what transpired between Gary and I when he wanted me to cook!)
I had finished up all the mess, but stopped short of doing my bathroom. That is the only room that remained un-poop-walked. That's about it for now. I do highly recommend the Bissell Carpet Cleaner Pro-Heat 2x Animal Thingy. It worked great... better and quicker than the old one. If I hadn't bought it, I'd still be scrubbing floors.
Later, and I'm hoping today is a much better day....... here's a bumper sticker..... It just seemed sooo appropriate


No comments:
Post a Comment