Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mah Jong Day

My new house cleaners came on Monday. They worked their butts off doing a deep clean, but they didn't get it finished. They'll come in Friday, do regular cleaning, then they'll come back Monday and finish up the kitchen deep clean. They did a much better job than Molly Maids did on their version of a deep clean.

Dad got his tooth pulled this morning. It went really good, but I did have trouble getting him to stay awake. I had to use a wheel chair to get him into the car. Called Gary on my way home and had him stay home until I got Dad into the house. Gary had to help. Dad drank a Starbucks Mocha Frappacino and two peach shakes and then went to sleep again. He started waking up, then got sleepy again.

Gary decided to take Morgan to Hawaiian Falls (a water park), Chloe was seeing Eclipse, and I decided to go to Sheila's for a couple of hours of Mah Jong. It was fun. From what I understood, Sue was winning everything until I showed up. I changed every one's luck, and Sheila and Joyce started winning. I only lost about fifty cents, so I considered myself lucky.

Got home, and Dad was wide awake. I gave him his choice of several soft foods, and he settled on chili. He was probably starving. I'm keeping him on pain pills for the first day or so to make sure he doesn't let the pain get out of control. He is such a good sport about it all.

Gary and Morgan came home, and she was starving, so I took her to Luby's. She ate chicken, broccoli, mac and cheese, one bite of cornbread, a diet coke, and I had fried okra and coffee. Our bill was $17. I almost fainted. We won't do that again, that's for sure.

Dad wanted some junk food later in the evening, and he and Gary were going to go shopping for cookies, and I had to intervene. I explained that I was only following doctors orders, and I thought it would be better to stay on soft foods, like the doctor said, for three days than let him have his way and maybe suffer later. He finally agreed. Gary bought Dad a cake. Those two!

I finally got some pix of our outings to post. Here are us gals at Wicked.
left to right..
me, Margie, Sheila, Sue, Gerry, and Joyce


Carlos, Bob (dolphin), me, Weave (dolphin), Joyce (in the blue hat) and Mark at the pool party.


Gary, someones legs, Sue S (Carlos' Sue), Dad, Ralph, Margie and Sue D (Clay's Sue)

Clay, Sue S, Dad








Dad's Fruit Bouquet he got for Father's Day

That's about all the excitement for today. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go over to Sheila's and exercise-swim with Joyce. Then, we three gals will go out and eat Chinese food. I also need to work on inviting everyone over for 4th of July.
In the mean time... here's your bumper sticker.....

No comments: