Thursday, June 10, 2010

HAPPINESS

Tuesday started out by taking Dad to our primary care to get help with the ok to pull his tooth, and to resolve the chest congestion. While there, she talked to him about his home conditions. He stated that he is tired of my daughter not doing what she should. She doesn't manage her money, doesn't raise her kids correctly, is always dumping them at my house..... you name it, he decided she doesn't do it right. The doctor knows Angie, and laughed when he told her all this. She told him he's bored, and needs to get his own life and to stay out of Angie's life. I mean, Angie doesn't ask him or us for money. All she does is let Gary do what he wants, and that is to spend every spare moment with the girls. He is basically jealous of the fact that Gary spends a lot of time with the girls. Anyway, she talks to us for over and hour (she really likes both of us) and he promises he'll quit griping about Angie, mind his own business, and get himself some outside activities that do not involve family. We were home about 4 hours when he took Gary aside and told him how he's doing wrong by helping Angie with her pool......... well, it was good while it lasted..... maybe 1 hour. What is really bad, the girls won't remember him the way he used to be.... fun and good natured. Now, he's just grumpy.





Wednesday, Gary T picked me up for AT&T golf. While packing my golf bag, I realized I didn't have my lazer. It cost $400, and I was sick. I know I had it on Sunday at the golf course, so I called them and asked them to look for it. Gary T sure did raise hell about that. See, he bought it for himself, but decided he didn't like it as well as my 10 year old bushnell lazer, so we traded. Now, I'd lost the newest one. Between that and my drivers license....... it's been a bad week. Anyway.....It rained us out from playing early, but we managed to get in 9 holes. I shot a 43, Gary a 48, I think, and Carlos a 49, if I remember correctly. Gary and I shot a team score of 33, and 32 won it. Dang.... so close. Haven't heard from Sheila, so I presume she's still out of town.





While I was golfing, the golf course called and asked me to get four people to work a junior tournament today (Thursday). I got three guys and then included myself, since I couldn't find another on such short notice. We all arrived at the course today at 7:15, thinking "juniors" meant teenagers. Matt called me into the office. He had to really good pieces of news for me. One, I won a skins on Sunday. It was only worth $78, but I was estatic. Even better news, he had my bushnell lazer. The cart boy did his job, and turned it in to lost and found. Whew.... I am sooooo lucky.





We got started with the tournament. I had a girls group, and the oldest was maybe 8, and the youngest was maybe 5. It was a LONG, I mean REALLY LONG morning. They cannot focus for more than 2 minutes. Thank gawd, none of them hit the other with a club, though we did have one close call when one of them shanked the ball (don't even ask me to explain this) backwards about 30 feet in the air and almost hit the 5 year old. Out of my five girls, three finished in first, second and third place. None of the other adult scoring coaches fared that well. Of course, I had the ONLY girls, and they had 7 more groups of kids that were all boys. I actually had one girl, maybe 7, that scored to back to pars. On in two strokes on one hole and two putts, then other she was on in three and one putted. I also had the cheater.... she was probably 8. She waited for everyone else to turn in their scores, then would always have one less than everyone else. Of course, I would talk her thru her scoring, and she was wrong on 4 of the 6 holes. Thank goodness they didn't play more than 6 holes, but that took two hours.





Got some chicken strips, fries and gravy for the girls and Dad for lunch, then took it easy the rest of the day. I'm going on a bland chicken and rice diet for the time being. I'm trying to get everything back under control. That's about it for now. This is "close" to a bumper sticker...

HOW TO PLUG AN OIL LEAK



No comments: